Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • half decent foldy pedals (for foldy bikes)
  • scaredypants

Mine had nasty cheap ones on it that broke very quickly so I replaced with V12s but they’re a bastard when carrying it

are there any well-made cheapish ones ?

Thanks

Addit: Anyone used these ?

ratadog

Don’t know about folding pedals but there are a few detachable ones. You screw an adaptor into the crankarm and then remove the pedals when you fold the bike. MKS have a whole range of EZY pedals. The cheapest are resin ones that are fine for round town but I found slippy on a folding MTB and traded up to one of the metal caged ones. SJ Cycles seem to have a fair cross section of the range and they are 40ukp and upwards although occasionally cheaper on ebay. The “cheaper” range need a yellow clip to lock them on, I believe the more expensive ones do not but have no experience.

I also have a pair of Wellgo QRD pedals which are on ebay for about 20ukp and although the system is not as elegant and I needed to play for a bit with pedal washers to get the QR knob in line with the crankarm where it keeps out of the way, they seem to work fine. Again, there are a whole range of different pedals using the system.

MKS also make a folding pedal and judging by their other stuff it will be fine but pricey.

scaredypants

cheers, I’ll have a look for those – yeah, only a couple of miles on flat roads/bikepaths so not bothered about grip but I’d prefer a metal enagagement mechanism

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘half decent foldy pedals (for foldy bikes)’ is closed to new replies.