Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Half a million to have coffee with Apple CEO?
  • scottyjohn
    Free Member

WTF? Just read this, that Apple CEO has given “coffee with me” to a charity website and the current bid is at $550,000. What would anyone get out of such a chat? Other than giving to charity obviously. But anyone with that disposable income might be able to get a meeting with him anyway. And any journo wouldnt pay that, as he is only going to give the company comms line on anything important, so no scoop to be had? What could be the benefit worth paying that?

molgrips
    Free Member

Just a conspicuous way of donating to charity.

I hope Bill Gates is bidding on it 🙂

thepurist

Just wait for the rumours start that Apple will soon be launching a chain of ‘iCoffee’ outlets, supplying a range of white or black beverages made from ‘iBeans’ and sold to in ‘iMugs’. 😀

cranberry
    Free Member

it might make financial sense for anyone who has seen their Apple shares drop by 30% this year to sit down, show him a Samsung Galaxy and offer some pointers.

🙂

scottyjohn
    Free Member

LOL you may be right Cranberry! Its good fun in our office, on one side of our bank of desks is all Apple, and the other all Android, and the banter is comical 🙂

Trimix
    Free Member

A lot of giving is done so others can see you do the giving. Most people are motivated by recognition from others.

tomhoward

all Apple, and the other all Android, and the banter is comical

Is it? Really? or do you ‘have to be there’?

I guess if an organisation REALLY wants to have a chat with Apple, for whatever reason, then it’s a good opportunity to meet the bossman?

Kamakazie

Potential supplier that can’t get face time?
    Couldn’t they offset the tax on it as well so it effectively would cost a large company next to nothing?!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Half a million to have coffee with Apple CEO?’ is closed to new replies.