Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Half a beard….?
  • Kryton57

So, ’cause I’ve been off work for a week and haven’t shaved, I find myself deciding whether to shave or go for that “I haven’t shaved for several days but would it look OK in a suit” dilemma. I have a beard trimmer to prevent a full grown Bellamy. For reference this is my current growth level, I’m at “itchy” stage;

Whats the score these days, is it acceptable at work or just a sign of laziness?

piemonster

Is that you is it?

Kryton57

Of course it is, why?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bit of sculpting would it make it look mighty fine.

Kryton57

I’ve done no sculpting so far, so what what you suggest? A bit off the neck and nothing creeping up the cheeks?

RustySpanner

*Plays with hair.
    Licks lips, leans forward in chair, emits high pitched giggle and looks at the floor*

Jamie
    Free Member

I like to keep the hair on my face and my nether regions, about the same length.

molgrips
    Free Member

I find that beard hair doesn’t grow evenly. So if I leave mine to grow for a week it looks pretty messy with anywhere between 5 and 8mm of growth randomly. But if I trim it to 5mm it looks way neater. I’m not a fan of sculpting though.

eskay

Jamie – I hear you look like catweazle……

Kryton57

Jamie – Member
    I like to keep the hair on my face and my nether regions, about the same length.

Yup, me too. Beard trimmers have multiple uses…

Jamie
    Free Member

Pretty much…

Kryton57

molgrips I’m with you their – my chin grows faster than my top lip. The first trim will even things up, need to decide id there is to be one Monday morning upon my return to work though…

Pieface

I am about 3 weeks in and done a trim to even out the thin patches and most of the stuff off my neck. Looks a lot better

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’ve just started my winter hobo beard.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You want to be aiming for something like this:

Kryton57

No DD, that ^ is a tad too long and has a slight vagabond look…

nealglover
    Free Member

Once people get used to the fact that you have hair on your face it doesn’t look lazy, it’s just the way you look.

But if they are used to you being clean shaven, the first time they see you they will presume you spent your week off drinking cheap sherry at the coach station.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I thought this post was about me, I had a fair bit of radiotherapy earlier in the year and now most of the right side of my face is like a babies bum (for a while I could only grow half a mustache but that’s growing back now). 😆

Kryton57

*puts sherry down*

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No DD, that ^ is a tad too long and has a slight vagabond look…

Most females beg to differ apparently. 🙂

Kryton57

Well, his neck is clean so it smacks of deliberation. I reckon he earns more than me though, that could have something to do with the attraction, no?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It probably does. But there’s no denying he’s a mighty fine looking chap too. Fecker!

fathomer

Go for it I say, rekon it looks good on the right person. I usually have a slightly shorter length than Clooney!

bikebouy
    Free Member

A No4 should keep that looking good Sir. Don’t let it go any further than that or you will indeed look like a Hobo. You may need to go a bit longer (in time) just to let the baldy bits to catch up with the grown bits, but once it’s done, about another week or so, all you need to do twice a week is run a No4 over it.

Perfectly acceptable, perfectly.

Nice suit? Suits you Sir. 😆

FWIW I have a No4 goatee thingy, took ages to get all the hair to grow in a decent length but once done I like it, others like it too and I’ve been admired by some pretty girlies, just gives me a more distinguished look, so I consider it a success.

piemonster

I had to google that, and it pretty much stacks up with my pre existing mental image of him

RustySpanner

Dibbs.

I used to have a mate, a bit of an eccentric:
    Dressed as Tintin for a start, the full outfit.

Had a very impressive beard and ‘tache on the right side of his face, but completely clean shaven on the left.

Did that for years. Even stood as the local Green candidate whilst half shaven. Didn’t loose his deposit.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

As a serious answer, I find that trimmed week/fortnight beards look a bit too “**** designer stubble” if I’m honest. Trimmers are only to keep more luxuriant growth in check. Definitely knock a bit off the neck but au naturel is the way to go I think. If it looks patchy and trampy, then it’s best removed altogether.

chiefgrooveguru

I’m not a beardy person but when I had my recent epic crash I was too bashed up to think about shaving, then decided to buy a FS and turn the HT into a singlespeed, and now I have a beard… My wife tells me it isn’t permanent so over the next few days it shall be turning into a Lemmy (is there an official word for that?) and then a smaller moustache/sideys combo before my usual sleek appearance returns… 😉

Kryton57

DD, last time I did this was (approxiamately speaking) a no4 on the face and no 2 on the neck, therefore keeping with the au naturel look but at the same time being neat and tidy. I thought it was a good compromise.

Kryton57

….and turn the HT into a singlespeed, and now I have a beard…

er, um, have a look at my posting history today… 😕

Jamie
    Free Member

Searching for catweazle on Google.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/i-am-catweazle

It’s all gone a bit inception….

convert

Currently returned to the short beard/ designer stubble look again. This time it’s flecked with grey and has a total hair content greater than the top of my head. 😡 As a hairy bear my issue is what to do with my neck. Tendency to allow nature to take its course and allow chest and chin to meet defiantly has a certain hobo edge. But brutal hacking down to babies bum with hard lines between them looks a bit creepy. I’ve settled on shaved Adam’s apple region blended top and bottom. Then a little shave of the cheekbones so I’ve got a chance of seeing where I’m going!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

As a hairy bear

Phwooooaaaarrrrr. 😮

samuri
    Free Member

Clooney’s look there has cost hundreds of dollars. And it looks rubbish.

I have a huge love-hate relationship with facial hair. On one hand I feel it’s rather a dodgy looking approach. It’s either lazy or hiding something. On the other hand it often looks really cool. I didn’t shave for two weeks last christmas and then went into work. Lots of looks but no comments which made me think people were talking about it behind my back. I thought it looked pretty good but for sure it added about 70 years to me.

Then I shaved off the beard and left the moustache. That was the wrongest look ever and now my facebook account has been deleted, hopefully that picture has also left the realms of this earth.

I quite like (on me), the two day unshaven look although I never go into work unshaven after the weekend.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Grow a beard or **** shave.
    Your not a teenager.

RustySpanner

Kryton57

It worries me when people take a thread like this so seriously as to assume the OP is really really narcissistic about the subject, and there may be no hint of humour about it at all.

Join the fun rusty, it’ll take years off you. Unless you have a beard that is, in which case it won’t. Are you stressed, would you like a massage?

Edit: Nicely edited Rusty, to remove your concern over humanity 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Coming soon to a bestseller list…

“Looking Cool Without Trying” by R.S.Y. Spanner

Kryton57

deadlydarcy – Member
    Coming soon to a bestseller list…

“Attempting to Look Cool by Editing” by R.S.Y. Spanner

FTFY

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Half a beard….?’ is closed to new replies.