Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Haldon locals. What's occurring conditions-wise, closed sections etc?
  • xterramac
    Free Member

Thinking of making the trip over but wanted to check current conditions and see if there are any closed sections before embarking on the 4hr round trip… Thanks in advance

carlphillips
    Free Member

4 hours for Haldon! I live 35mins away and hardly ride there! where do you live?

sr0093193
    Free Member

Half the red is shut Monday – Friday + off-piste in the same area.

Rest is wet as wet can be cos rain.

jam-bo

I can’t think of anywhere a 2hr drive from haldon that doesn’t involve driving past better riding to get there.

carlphillips
    Free Member

Agree 100% Jim.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Really wouldn’t bother making a 4hr trip for it, even if fully open. If you’re passing or in the area however and don’t mind popping in for a short spin, it can be okay especially with some off-piste. But if it’s shut during the week… (note to self, as will be in the area and sometimes pop in. Might go Woodbury or Dartmoor instead).

ajantom

I’ll report back after my ride tomorrow 😉 though I’ll mostly be off-piste and cafe side.

Not sure I’d make a 4hr round trip to go there. Maybe only in nice summer conditions (the OP stuff is lovely when it’s dry) and if I was able to tag along with locals (I am a local, but you know what I mean 😉 )

@deadkenny – I’ll be going up Woodbury Tuesday or Wednesday, if you wanted to go for a ride?

ontor
    Free Member

don’t drive 4 hours to ride anywhere.
    Haldon is ace, but a chunk is out of action at the moment.
    That said, every time you blink there’s more off-piste appearing… 😉

ajantom

You around to tomorrow Joe?
    Up for sone East Devon bimbling this week?

xterramac
    Free Member

thanks guys, ill give it a miss then and wait until conditions improve

ajantom

Wasn’t actually that bad. Actually quite dry in places, especially under the trees. Even got a KoM 🙂
    Though I didnt go on the red or blue, just off piste stuff.

superstu
    Free Member

Incidentally why are there closures at the moment? Logging?

skybluestu
    Free Member

Yep. Logging but it isn’t actually crossing any of the red (wasnt last week anyway) despite it being closed. Not that I’d recommend to cross the barrier of course.

sr0093193
    Free Member

Risk (of you dying) zones.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Haldon locals. What's occurring conditions-wise, closed sections etc?’ is closed to new replies.