Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Haldon Locals – advice for 1st timer ;-)
  • maxtorque

Calling all Haldon MTB locals!

I’m down visting my folks just outside Bovey next week, and for the first time i have an empty car and room for the MTB, Hurray 😉

So, what do i need to know:

1) How long should i allow for a decent ride around the trails at Haldon?
    2) Is it all well marked?
    3) And, possibly most importantly, is all the good stuff “off radar” ? 😉

Thanks all,

MT.

scousebri
    Free Member

3 routes, Blue, Red, Black plus lots of “off radar” . Time wise i would say that depends on you, An hour for a quick blast or 6 hours for a good explore.It’s fairly well marked for the trails.

mike88
    Free Member

The blue is a good place to start…as you ride it look out for little off radar trails coming off it. They will generally start at the top of the ridge and then cross the blue lower down but with a bit of exploring up them youl find the majority. The blue in itself is quite good fun and a nice warm up. Quite flowy in parts.
    The redish is also good…best bit is after you cross a fancy houses gateway.
    Black is just really rocky with some berms ..worth doing but not sure if its worth the steep but short push/ride to the top!
    Hope you enjoy!

mike88
    Free Member

Just remembered there was a mini gravity enduro there with quite a few riders a couple of weekends ago that used a fair bit of off piste trails so i would imagine now is a good time to find them as they will be fairly obvious/used. Not ridden there since it so could be talking bolls.

maxtorque

Ah, good point mike88, might make the routes a bit more obvious!

I’ll loop the blue and red with my eyes open i think 😉

Well i’m only taking my HT as my FS is broken, so i’ll be bouncing down any rocky stuff…….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Haldon Locals – advice for 1st timer ;-)’ is closed to new replies.