Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • haldon hill tonite
  • scraprider
    Free Member

lovely evening , a nice ride around .the new trail is lookin real sweet, and someone has been out and really trimed back ST andrews lane , thanks whoever it was.a nice run down to kenn.

snaps
    Free Member

Is the new trail open yet?

scraprider
    Free Member

hi m8 , no not yet , prolly end of july i did a warm up lap on the adventure route , you can see it in the wooded bit ,they dug out going down to the berms etc , all round the top , cant wait . i try to post some pics,in a few days.

Burchy1
    Free Member

Ah the new Haldon ‘Motorway’ trail, looks smooth enough to ride on a road bike. Complete waste of money if you ask me.

neilforrow

“Ah the new Haldon ‘Motorway’ trail, looks smooth enough to ride on a road bike. Complete waste of money if you ask me.”

yep.. the m5 now goes up and over haldon.

will be great for the masses… but not for the regulars up there…

however all is not lost… the pixies are out in force at the moment… 😀

ajantom

Which trail is St Andrews lane? I live in Kennford, so ride the Haldon trails a lot, and have probably ridden most of them – but I have no idea of any names!

*takes out pipe and slippers*

I remember riding up there back in the early 90’s when the car park was just a bit of gravel in the woods, and all the trails were – ahem – slightly cheeky 😉

neilforrow

St Andrews Lane

the one that runs from the cafe down to kenn.

Burchy1
    Free Member

however all is not lost… the pixies are out in force at the moment

I know, gotta love those little pixies 😉

ajantom

Also meant to ask about group rides….

I used to ride with mates back when I started in the late 80’s/early 90’s, but as none of my mates ride these days I’ve ended up being something of a solitary rider.

I remember someone mentioning some weekly rides up on Haldon – when and where, and would it be cool to tag along one week maybe?

Cheers, T

snaps
    Free Member

the one that runs from the cafe down to kenn.

Cafe?

tim41
    Free Member

Wednesday nights. 6.30 from the Ley Arms, Kenn. Ride up the old road and cycle path, meet up by the A38 bridge at the top at 7, ride until about 9 back at the pub.

tim41
    Free Member

snaps, yes there’s a diner at the top of telegraph hill, just before the bridge over and the texaco garage. Never been in it mind, as we’ve got a pub 5 minutes away down the hill 😀

ajantom

They do quite a nice bacon buttie.

Cool, I might join for the ride next week, work permitting.

snaps
    Free Member
    tim41
    Free Member

Yes, as a climb it’s ok apart from the last bit up onto the plateau (look at the contours!)
    As a descent it’s basically a straight and very fast chute, which then levels off. Quite wide, not twisty and not a patch on St Andrews, and it spits you out much further from the pub, thus we never ride it 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘haldon hill tonite’ is closed to new replies.