Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Hairy dog problems.
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

No no the ones down the town on a Saturday night but the gf’s dog. It is in a perpetual state of malting. I mean it just sheds hair constantly. It’s a collie/ whippet type cross thing. Any tips, food and or pills it can have. The thing is short haired but you could stuff a mattress with the amount of hair that falls of it in a day.

iDave
    Free Member

spray it with artists fixer

and hoover daily

woffle
    Free Member

If it’s shedding as a result of a skin condition / allergy etc then it’d be worth looking at changing it’s diet.

The thing is some breeds just shed hair and there’s not a great deal you can do about it – you could try bathing it once a week and brushing it regularly with a stripping brush/comb…

lovewookie

I brush our collie/lab cross daily with both a normal bobble pet brush and one of those deep hair remover rake type things (moult master).

The latter really has reduced the amount he sheds but you still need to hoover daily to keep everything hair free.

I could shave him, but all the other dogs would laugh.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

It is in a perpetual state of malting.

You could brew beer or distil whisky – the choice is yours…

…or an outdoor kennel, central heating can mess with dogs’ moulting cycle i.e. winter coat-summer coat

MrNutt
    Free Member

shave it. It’ll make it faster.

headfirst
    Free Member

what Mr Nutt said ^^^^ and take up your carpets and have wood floors throughout or…..
    ….get a new gf?

You might find one here…

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

….get a new gf?

You might find one here…

Ouch.!

wwaswas

get the clippers out;

b17
    Free Member

You think you’ve got it bad, try having an irish wolfhound and a rainbow lorikeet in the house. Far more relaxing to learn to live with it.

skiprat
    Free Member

Comb it with a hack saw blade. Our dogs malts all the time and started combing him with a blade. It drags all the fluff and any loose hair out very easily. Bath on a regular basis and then give it a comb.

Other than that, just live with the hair or bullet both!!

z1ppy

Miele Cat & Dog vacuum cleaner, we have a white dog & blue carpets (they will be replaced one day). That vaccum deals with the dog hairs.

cupra
    Free Member

we hoover our two when we are doing the house. It is worse at the mo as they are starting to lose winter coats.

dazzlingboy

Get a Dyson. Only solution that doesn’t involve disposing either GF or dog!

muggomagic

brush daily with a slicker brush, and once a week with one a anti tangle brush . i have a rough collie and if he’s not brushed everyday then little bits of fur start appearing everywhere.
    I find brushing him quite a pleasant experience, and his coat always looks so smart afterwards. See….

Taff
    Free Member

we had to brush our collies [one was a whippet cross and he wasn’t as bad] every other day and hoover every day. Diet didn’t change a thing and washing them… well we only did it every now and again at home otherwise the bathroom looked a mess. I think most collies have this issue though.

Wish I could shave my white cat though… tried hoovering it the other day while it was sleeping got the hose near it and it climbed up the curtain in flash… had a row for that.

woffle
    Free Member

or get a Bedlington.

Non-shedding, non-hairy-type dog. My wife’s heavily allergic to dogs, only not to Stanley (ditto a couple of others breeds I’d guess)…

DezB
    Free Member

What are you saying, woffle – add another dog or get rid of the existing one?

woffle
    Free Member

if Stanley’s anything to go by he’d be a useful addition as he will just hoover up anything and everything so all the shed hair would just disappear. His latest food of choice is sheep wool pulled from the fences on our walks…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Hairy dog problems.’ is closed to new replies.