Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Hairy bikers Bakeathon… why is Germany..
  • hora
    Free Member

So bloody nice looking?

Cant wait for the Xmas markets there.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Pristine innit

hora
    Free Member

They rebuild such places as Aachen as was. We fill our bombed cities with concrete.

Drac

Because it’s TV so you see the shiny happy side.

hora
    Free Member

Ja ja alles klar

Pook

I’ve never seen quite so much shit graffiti as I did in Germany. And everyone smokes.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Pook – Member
    I’ve never seen quite so much shit graffiti as I did in Germany. And everyone smokes.

POSTED 21 SECONDS AGO # REPORT-POST

Never been to Warrington?

CountZero

hora – Member
    They rebuild such places as Aachen as was. We fill our bombed cities with concrete.

So very true, sadly. See: Swindon town centre, Bristol Broadmead, and, up until recently, Bath Southgate, now rebuilt in a more appropriate style. There are still eyesores that need razing, though…

hora
    Free Member

@ pook Ive driven through Germany a few times. Yep there is but boy less so than here

Pook

[quoteNever been to Warrington[/quote]

Depressingly yes.

Pook

@horastein

My ex is German

hot_fiat

To break the spell, may I suggest a visit to the fine city of Dessau in Saxony. A more concreted industrialised abortion of a place you will struggle to imagine. The only place I’ve ever been properly scared while touring on a motorcycle.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Some of the best graffiti I’ve ever seen was in Germany.

hora
    Free Member

@pook oh yes you said. Was the sex punctual and orderly? 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

German towns and their facilities leave ours years behind so it’s not just the shiny happy side we see. They generally are shinier, cleaner and better run than ours. I have no experience of towns in the east, which I imagine are not so shiny.

And only a few percent more smoke in Germany than here. However, they seem more tolerant of smoking than we are here – smokers seem to think nothing of lighting up in a biergarten right next to non-smokers, and non-smokers don’t seem to mind so much. Smoking indoors is pretty much banned everywhere apart from “smoking bars” where cigars are sold.

There is a lot of shit graffiti for sure.

matt_outandabout

What is wrong with our UK cities, post war constructions?

Edric64
    Free Member

There are still eyesores that need razing

Plymouth

althepal

Essen city centre reminds me of Cumbernauld..but to be fair it was just about flattened.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Love Germany, have some most excellent mates who live in Berlin, but funnily enough they love Lunjon..

8)

MSP

My local town centre is pretty much the same as many UK towns, certainly not as nice as Aachen. Although considering it is a town built on the Chemical industry, the UK equivalent would probably be Middlesbrough, and it is a million times nicer than that dump, plus I can see Frankenstein’s castle from my apartment window.

The streets and towns are kept much cleaner here, and there is much less graffiti. The first thing that strikes me whenever i am back in the UK is how dirty and grubby it all looks,

molgrips
    Free Member

I lived in a concrete jungle in Munich, it was pretty bland. Munich itself didn’t impress me much either. And the villages out in the countryside I found a bit odd too- lots of old houses but almost all of them were nearly identical. It was clean, but I found it bland. Oh and Munich town centre itself was not clean.

Nuremberg, Augsburg and some of the other towns were lovely though.

brakes
    Free Member

the UK equivalent would probably be Middlesbrough, and it is a million times nicer than that dump

since that stupid TV show where Boro got voted worst place in Britain, it seems to be the go-to town when people want to remark about a particularly bad place. there are far far worse places than Middlesbrough in the UK.

stumpy01

Molgrips, ever get to Bamberg? One of the nicest cities I visited when I lived in Bavaria.
    Visited Munich once and wasn’t bowled over by it.
    Lots of nice places in Germany though…

We have booked flights and hotel to go to Dortmund Christmas Market at the end of Nov. Can’t wait!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Redcar springs to mind…..

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Architectural fetish….. Hmmmm
    Matt_outandabout is Elfin and I claim the prize.

MSP

since that stupid TV show where Boro got voted worst place in Britain, it seems to be the go-to town when people want to remark about a particularly bad place. there are far far worse places than Middlesbrough in the UK.

Yeah it’s all about the TV program that I have never seen or heard of, and nothing to do with it being an old dirty chemical industry town 🙄

hora
    Free Member

Look what Developers are doing to Manchester- pull down redbricks put up fast build identikit flats.

The latest casuality is the old Ancoats hospital dispensory

cranberry
    Free Member

Redcar springs to mind…..

or South Bank

😉

brakes
    Free Member

nothing to do with it being an old dirty chemical industry town

the chemical part isn’t Middlesbrough, it’s Stockton.
    I’m not saying it’s great, but there are far worse places.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Hairy bikers Bakeathon… why is Germany..’ is closed to new replies.