Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hail storms?
  • footflaps

Apparently a third of a months rain could fall today:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/aug/14/severe-weather-warnings-met-office-uk-rain-storms

Had quite a good hail storm about an hour ago, other than that just warm and a bit damp….

Jamie
    Free Member

Apparently a third of a months rain could fall today:

A third of which month?

DezB
    Free Member

Has summer buggered off already?

footflaps

A third of which month?

Good question, they didn’t say. Probably January, as that’s a standard unit measure.

weeksy

madness in West Berks. Flooding everywhere in Newbury. Locally we had mad crazy rain/hail. But now dry.

Jamie
    Free Member

Good question, they didn’t say. Probably January, as that’s a standard unit measure.

Fair enough. I was assuming it was July, seeing as I have had sod all rain today.

jimster01

Just had the mother of thunderstorms here in Malvern, they’ll be whitewater rapids coming down from the Wyche at the moment. 😯

mrblobby
    Free Member

Flooding everywhere in Newbury.

You in newbury too weeksy? I’d just popped into Banjos as the rain hit, terrible place to be stuck for half an hour 😉

stumpy01

Just had a really heavy 20 min rainstorm here with a few claps of thunder. It really laid down a lot of water.

Was going to go for a road ride tonight, but not sure I will now if it’s anything like that when I get home. I can cope with a bit of rain, but don’t think the drowned rat look suits me.

Jamie
    Free Member

Was going to go for a road ride tonight, but not sure I will now if it’s anything like that when I get home. I can cope with a bit of rain, but don’t think the drowned rat look suits me.

You’re in Deeping, aren’t you, stumpy?

Did you catch the rain on Sunday? Was walking the dog round Southey Woods and it was bloody mental.

…as were the roads driving back to Marholm/Bretton.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hail storms?’ is closed to new replies.