Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)
  • Hadleigh Olympic guided rides
  • retro83
    Free Member

SOAP – Member

I don’t wanna poo poo anyone but tbh it didn’t look that technically challenging IMO
    Don’t get me wrong I would be **** after a lap and maybe that’s where the challange lies.

Wondered how long it would take. 😆

njee20
    Free Member

Amazed it went this far! But hey, SOAP must be right, it looked easy on TV, so clearly a more valid opinion than anyone who’s ridden it. 🙄

bigdawg
    Free Member

don’t wanna poo poo anyone but tbh it didn’t look that technically challenging IMO
    Don’t get me wrong I would be **** after a lap and maybe that’s where the challange lies.

If you can stand at the top of the a line to triple trouble or monument rock or the oak tree drop and tell me it truly does not look technical and is easy you need to be racing bikes as a living..

Ive raced in europe the us and GB and never has a course actaully scared me before, there is not one ‘feature’ that is easy to ride, it’s also specifically designed (and very well done) to mess with your head..

SOAP
    Free Member

Think I’ve opened a can of Lycra worms here.;)
    I realise that it a fantastically Chalanging XC “RACE” circuit.
    The fact that its in Essex and there are no black run trail centres to learn the required skills,I also appreciate that if people feel the need to be coached then they will pay ££
    Fair enough but I’m talking about pootling round and hitting the “tech” sections for FUN.
    Think I’m just narked that I cannot A ride it and B have to pay to learn something I probably can do already.
    After all bike riding is free .
    Peace out !

Tomdowie
    Free Member

I’ll post a video up of one of our guided rides soon. Just waiting for it to upload.

Also we’ve already booked 80 people. Spaces for tomorrow and one for sunday. Most other weeks until December 16th are sold out.

Tomdowie
    Free Member
    pmc00per
    Free Member

Im signed up on the 2nd and can’t wait.

Tomdowie
    Free Member

pmc00per – Member
    Im signed up on the 2nd and can’t wait.

Awesome, see you then!

simonbea
    Free Member

Great vid Tom!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Any chance you can make it available to view on mobile devices too?

Tomdowie
    Free Member

Onzadog – Member
    Any chance you can make it available to view on mobile devices too?

I’ll try and sort something.

great day today although a little wet. New dates will be up on the legacy site tomorrow. We have one place for next saturday available and we’ve also added the 8th to it too.

cheers

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve managed to get to the laptop to view it thanks. Looks like we should have some fun on the 15th. Just hope we get some good weather.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Tom: May I suggest that you sign SOAP up to your coaching team?

Obviously he has skills well beyond that of us normal mortals. Personally I reckon showing up with 6″ plus of full suspension would simplify the descents somewhat, but then that would properly mess you up on the climbing, (of which there is ample for those that don’t know it). Alternatively a nicely light and balanced hardtail with 100mm or less of travel would make the climbing easier, but frankly would scare the crap out of me descending wise, so to come across someone who seems to have both things so fully and well covered surely is an opportunity not to be missed.

Go for it.

(Thats assuming he not a complete prat or a troll… obviously)

bigdawg
    Free Member

im disapointed the 1 handed endo on deans didnt make the video…!

Tomdowie
    Free Member

Berm Bandit – Member
    Tom: May I suggest that you sign SOAP up to your coaching team?

Obviously he has skills well beyond that of us normal mortals. Personally I reckon showing up with 6″ plus of full suspension would simplify the descents somewhat, but then that would properly mess you up on the climbing, (of which there is ample for those that don’t know it). Alternatively a nicely light and balanced hardtail with 100mm or less of travel would make the climbing easier, but frankly would scare the crap out of me descending wise, so to come across someone who seems to have both things so fully and well covered surely is an opportunity not to be missed.

Go for it.

(Thats assuming he not a complete prat or a troll… obviously)

SOAP could assist on some sessions if we are short of coaches but we’ve already sorted that all out. The assisting coaches have to be qualified either with bc or ctc qualifications or to an equal standard and have valid sports first aid as well as private public liability insurance. Again if SOAP has these contact me and I can let you know if we need an assistant coach on some dates.

Also the 6inches of travel is cheating 😉 It was designed for xc bikes, defeats the object by just clattering down on a massive bike thats going to do all the work for you and take away the technical skills. I ride it on a cromo salsa xc bike with 100mm up front and its perfect.

bigdawg – Member
    im disapointed the 1 handed endo on deans didnt make the video…!

That was a highlight! we’re still telling people about that! Fairplay for saving that 😉

singletracksurfer

I thought the course was going to stay the same (as it was in the Olympics) with more chicken runs added – is that not the case (again)?

Hope to get down for one of these days anyway – how long will they run for – not until the weather gets better I fear?

Tomdowie
    Free Member

singletracksurfer – Member
    I thought the course was going to stay the same (as it was in the Olympics) with more chicken runs added – is that not the case (again)?

Hope to get down for one of these days anyway – how long will they run for – not until the weather gets better I fear?

Features will change but to what extent nobody knows at the moment. 😕

We are hoping to run them till at least april time

Tomdowie
    Free Member

New dates for the Hadleigh rides are up on essex legacy. Jans dates to come later this week

ac282

Weather was great yesterday 🙂

Much more fun/challenging than I thought it would be

Onzadog
    Free Member

So you think I should take the 140 HT rather than the 160 FS?

singletracksurfer

I’m taking the CX bike (joke)

160 would be cheating. Short travel full sus at the most (so the hardtail).

Do we get to put in our own fastest lap at the end to see how we would fare against the big boys?

Onzadog
    Free Member

CX, not co.ordered that. If you die, no one expected any different, if you survive, you’re a riding god. It’s win win! 😆

bigdawg
    Free Member

I marshalled at a race on the course in October and as I was right over the other side of the course I took my cx bike, any mad ideas I had of riding the course to where I was stationed were soon forgotten – about the only bit I did manage to ride wasthe zig zag hill up to triple trouble, then I erm.. changed my mind! I took the fireroad path after that..

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Just a thought, is the course SS-able?

puppypower
    Free Member

I am coming on the 15th and I will be riding my FS (on account of a) my HT is old and only has 80mm of travel, b) I think I will find it challenging enough as it is). That’s ok, you can call me a mincer if you like 🙂

I am looking forward to it!

footflaps

Full susser didn’t stop this guy winning the men’s race:

Jaroslav KULHAVY, Gold Medal, Men’s Olympic Mountain Bike Race 2012 Hadleigh Farm by brf, on Flickr

ac282

Geometry and position will make more difference than travel IMO.

You need a stem like his to get the full xc jeyboy experience 🙂

BermBandit
    Free Member

Anyone got any idea how much travel hes got on that thing? It looks a lot like two fifths of sod all in the pic, but obviously that can be v. deceptive

PS: Pic 2 = Awesome IMHO

ac282

It is a great shot but, unlike footflaps, I didn’t take it.

ac282

5 live now…..

footflaps

PS: Pic 2 = Awesome IMHO

IIRC that was a press pass only spot to get that shot.

Tomdowie
    Free Member

We have had one person drop out of tomorrows course so there is one space available if anyone is interested. Email me if so.
    cheers

Dr_Bakes

Calling ac282……

When/What show was the bit on 5 Live? I was hoping to catch it on iplayer

hodge

Any consessions for Hadleigh Farm Gamesmakers?

ac282

There was a short segment that happened to be on as I was reading the thread. Probably not worth hunting for it really.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

According to Yaroslav’s mechanic he had the forks dropped to 80mm to speed up the front end, the rear had whatever an epic normally has, 100mm?

Dr_Bakes

ac282 – Member
    There was a short segment that happened to be on as I was reading the thread. Probably not worth hunting for it really.

But “if” I was sad enough to search was it on the drivetime show, and if so what day? I and a few others were interviewed for it so I wouldn’t mind a listen! 😀

Tomdowie
    Free Member

We’ll have some 2 hour sessions available after christmas, should have the dates live on monday. cheers

pmc00per
    Free Member

Thanks for a great day yesterday. Im not sure that I would have made it down some of the routes without your advice.

I definitely have a new found respect for the athletes who did 7 laps of the course. Anybody who thinks it is too easy clearly hasn’t ridden it.

Tomdowie
    Free Member

pmc00per – Member
    Thanks for a great day yesterday. Im not sure that I would have made it down some of the routes without your advice.

I definitely have a new found respect for the athletes who did 7 laps of the course. Anybody who thinks it is too easy clearly hasn’t ridden it.

No worries, glad to have helped you out bud!

We have all the January dates up so if everyone could spread the word around that would be great!

cheers

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘Hadleigh Olympic guided rides’ is closed to new replies.