Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • Hadleigh Farm roll call
  • Mounty_73

We are heading towards the Leigh on Sea train station, then from there a free shuttle bus according to web site.

Buzzard
    Free Member

Cant believe that no-one has mentioned Stander. 2nd in WC’s this year, won Windham too. Cant see him beating Abs/Nino but definitely a chance at a medal

Ladders
    Free Member

Is there going to be anywhere we can park in Hadleigh and then Walk to the Venue? They want more money if you go to the Park and Ride as they suggest!

Clink

We’re using Park and ride and then shuttle to venue. Apparently you can cycle, which might be quicker. Anyone any idea about security for bikes?

Trimix
    Free Member

I too read you could cycle, but Id not trust the security at all. Im going P&R, under duress given the bloody price you pay to park and the booking fee to do it. But figured the local streets will be parking permits only for the event.

I didnt choose the train because that would have meant a train into London first from Oxford, so bugger that, I will ride there on my motorbike and dodge the traffic.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Free, secure, managed cycle parking will be provided at the venue, and there are a number of off-road cycle routes to the south of the venue that provide access from the east and west. Please bring your own cycle lock.

If its anything like the Box Hill bike park I’d say its fine. well run, well managed and felt secure (not saying how/why on a public forum!)

Park and ride is £12 and neds prebooking.

HTH

TM

bigdawg
    Free Member

weve already received notification that pretty much every road surrounding the venue will be closed to parking or permit only – driving tbh would be a nightmare on a normal saturday, train and walk or train shuttle or park and ride will be best options.

Im still contemplating cycling there – there seem to be two bike parks, but no one actually has any info on them?!?!?

composite
    Free Member

Going to the men’s race with my Dad. He’s an old roady and this will be his first MTB experience of any kind.

Fingers crossed For Liam to get a top 10.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Oh and Mens race on Sunday for us. Not sure who’s more excited me or our two year old 🙂

TM

TiRed

Security at the rowing site was very good. Tagged cycles with matching wristbands to exit (and they check them). I’d expect the same at Hadleigh. I also expect the bike park to fill up. It looks about 9-10 miles from either park and ride to the site, however. So the famile dj may be taking the train on Saturday followed by bus.

Sunday, I was thinking of riding the 60 miles there, but nor sure about the second ticket holder (yet to be decided who gets it!)

SimonR

Going to the women’s race on the Saturday.

Got a travelodge booked about 8 miles from the venue and then riding in.

Security by all accounts for bike parking at other events was fine but probably won’t take the best bike though 🙂

mashiehood
    Free Member

looks like i am going to miss out – I have tickets, but the good lady was due to give birth yesterday and is now overdue. Two people sitting outside my house praying she will give birth after sunday 🙂 🙁

kevtoo
    Free Member

Women’s race tix for me & the missus

plumber
    Free Member

Would you be able to park in Rayleigh and cycle from there?

bigdawg
    Free Member

you can do it but youd have to cross and ride on some pretty busy (read normally gridlocked) roads to be able to do it…

hjghg5
    Free Member

Womens for me, planning to drive to within a sensible distance and cycle in from there, taking the cheapest bike.

Now I need to work out a plan that’s a bit more specific than that!

bigdawg
    Free Member

I dont mean to be putting anyone off but driving, and not using the park and ride may cause mre headaches than its worth – getting into or out of southend on a normal saturday with the sun up can literally take hours, unless youre planning on getting here dead early (pre 8am) I really think you could end up missing the races.

If you do you are proberbly better off going through to Southend or even shoebury parking there and getting the train back to hadleigh.

Im still in two minds about biking in just becasue it means carrying shoes and helmets with me, will prob jump on the train to leigh and walk or get the shuttle.

Trimix
    Free Member

bigdawg – I plan to take the motorcycle and thereby squeeze past the traffic. Does anyone know how long it takes for the busses to get from the P&R to the venue ? Im trying to figure out what time I need to get there.

bigdawg
    Free Member

I think park & ride is in basildon – I can actually see this cocking up as theres a mother of a junction to cross thats been at standstill most weekends – Im guessing on a good day an hour!?

Buzzard
    Free Member

How long will the shuttle take from the station? Is that going to be infinitely better than Park&Ride? This is acyually putting me off the whole day. I’m coming from Surrey and looking at a 4 plus hour jorney each way (on the train or driving) – thats insane considering it would be better to watch on TV or am i just being cynical?

Clink

We’re driving from Somerset for the day, park & ride. It’s going to be a long one! More info from organisers would be good!

bigdawg
    Free Member

buzzard the shuttle will take 15-20 minutes, or you could easily walk from leigh station – get there early it may take an hour at worst.

Clink youre not kidding… what theyve sent out is whoefully indadequate…

Clink

How long do you think the shuttle, realistically, will be from P&R?

bigdawg
    Free Member

if its basildon hour plus… If theyve actually sorted out some kind of traffic clearance / avoidance 30 minutes.

bigdawg
    Free Member

have they actually said what time the park & ride starts??

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

I’ve just booked P&R and earliest arrival “slot” was 08:30 at the Case New Holland tractors site. Barleylands I think was 9am start.

TM

bigdawg
    Free Member

thatll easiliy get you there in plenty of time, but the later you get there the longer the journey will be, unless as i said theyve worked out some kind of traffic slipstream or something…

Ambrose

I’ll be the bloke with the Jamaican flag and Red Team GB shirt. Unless it is raining- I’ll be wearing a sky blue coat as well.

See you all there, I’m pretty hyped up now, esp after todays 200m final 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Hadleigh Farm roll call’ is closed to new replies.