Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Had my first ride on a chopper last night….
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

A drunken night in the pub ended up with me racing round my local’s beer cellar round a track laid out with beer kegs.

Bike of choice (well actually there was no choice) was a Raleigh Chopper. I’d never been on one before…how on earth did people ride those back in the day? I may have been 8 pints deep at the time, but even still, it was just down right dangerous!

scaredypants

proper one, with the crotch-based gearshift rather than the new one ?

wheelietastic

redthunder
    Free Member

I had a chopper when I was a kid 🙂 Could turn it on a dime. Jammed in third always.

Great bike.

PS It was a death trap.

bruneep

easy peasy when you’re young

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I remember yelling to a friend “careful the front end goes up easy” just as he looped out and went straight off the back of an original chopper, probably circa 1995.

I have a MK3 somebody got me as a birthday present, I popped to the cash point on it just prior to my mates stag do. I tried a little manual on the way there, which went well, so I tried a bigger one on the way back which resulted in me slowly coasting towards the front of somebody’s house, on the back wheel, with no brake.

I went on the stag do with no skin on my left elbow.

tpbiker
    Free Member

a new one without the gearstick unfortunately.

It may have fundamentaly flawed handling, but it looked amazing!

I use to have one of these…

raleigh blazer

but always wanted a boxer…

JAG

I always wanted an original Chopper. All the local kids had them but I was a bit too small for one 🙁

My parents got me this instead.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Classic.. In yellow.. I had one, the first version.. classic.

So, still got yer balls??

doubledunter
    Free Member

I had a mk1 chopper, my first “big boy” bike and could ride along wheelie’ing it just as easy as going on two wheels, I cant wheelie to save myself nowadays 🙁

weare138
    Free Member

I have a mk1 (it has a car style shifter as opposed to a t-bar one) in the garage in bits. It needs a bit of welding from some jumping way back, it’s missing a back wheel and looks rather sorry for itself! It even has a Jaws sticker on, showing its provenance… I need to sell it as a restoration project…

safi

Someone at school in the 70s had one with flat bars, it squashed your balls and wobbled until up to speed. Only rode it round the football pitch though.

Speshpaul

Bruneep, Imp tastic!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Had my first ride on a chopper last night….’ is closed to new replies.