Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Had a quick ride round the local trails earlier…
  • carlos
    Free Member

….it was hard work but worth it.

Set off and it was like a blizard riding through Macc, headed up Buxton Old Road, then after a descent up past The Leather Smithy, did a bit of cheeky in the woods which would’ve been much better descending, as climbing the steps are a test without 3-4″ snow on them. Charity Lane (at least the bottom bit) was rideable but the top half looked to be about 8ft deep, quick loop of the trail pixies work on the Nessit descent and back home.

Just polished off cheese on toast and a brew, I’m working later but I do feel better for getting out and just thought I’d share 😆

rOcKeTdOg

spooky, i was out too

must be a Santa cruz kinda day

dantsw13

Signage above your back wheel duly noted! :-))

dantsw13

No photos, but my Heckler had its maiden voyage last night. I was stupidly overbiked (160 bombers) but she needed a shakedown, and the lads made me take her out.

In contrast, down south the trails are drying out to some of the best conditions we have seen for 6 months!!

thorlz
    Free Member

If there was a “like button” then consider this posy liked. 😀

composite
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg is that somewhere south brum local? Tried riding Lickys last weekend and although fun it wasn’t really a ride.

Scamper
    Free Member

Must have another look at the Licky’s – only explored the cafe area on the other side of the golf course last autumn, and apart from a track vaguely running around the perimeter there wasn’t much in the way of trails, but plenty of short techy steep bits to practice on off the top.

rOcKeTdOg

rOcKeTdOg is that somewhere south brum local? Tried riding Lickys last weekend and although fun it wasn’t really a ride

you’ve gotta know where you’re going, as said above, short techy stuff some steep climbs and drops but nothing long, being so close to Urbanity obviously means some roads are involved between the best bits but a nice 15 miler is achievable with at least 3 potential stops for cake/hot pork products if you feel inclined. once it thaws you will be v muddy by the end though, if it ever dries out again it’s very good fun

olixmb4x
    Free Member

took the Titus for a spin, it was nice to be back out after a week or so!

at the top of the hill it was dry and dusty – then this!

composite
    Free Member

you’ve gotta know where you’re going, as said above, short techy stuff some steep climbs and drops but nothing long, being so close to Urbanity obviously means some roads are involved between the best bits but a nice 15 miler is achievable with at least 3 potential stops for cake/hot pork products if you feel inclined. once it thaws you will be v muddy by the end though, if it ever dries out again it’s very good fun

Just somewhere that’s ridable was all I was after. I guess some of the depth of snow has gone by now though, so probably just back to the normal rides I guess. Not back out now until Friday anyway so it will probably just be back to mud by then. 🙁

rOcKeTdOg

photo was taken today, it’s gonna be like that until the thaw (so after BH Monday at least)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Had a quick ride round the local trails earlier…’ is closed to new replies.