Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Had a note under the windscreen wiper today saying….
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

‘Polite notice, please do not exercise your dog on the racecourse, this is private property. Chief Steward’. Written in pencil on a bit of paper.

So for the record, have done it it many, many times before as have/do many many other dog owners. It’s NOT on the racecourse, it’s adjacent to where they (Ripon Racecourse) have the car boot sales on a Sunday. Saw 3 other folk with dogs on the same area. After chucking the ball & doing a bit of ‘stay, go, stay’ training we went for a stroll down the canal & came back to see said notice under the rear window wiper. There’s no signs, electric fences or anything else that advises people of the owners privacy policy. There’s a vehicle barrier with a sign that says ‘please clean up after your dog’ though.

Will I go to prison next time?

stumpy01

Find out who the chief steward is and ask if the note is anything to do with him/her.

Could have just been left by some random loser.

frankconway

Don’t you spend enough time in prison?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Don’t you spend enough time in prison?

Far too much Frank!

vickypea
    Free Member

I’d have expected a Chief Steward to write on something more official than using pencil on a bit of paper

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’d have expected a Chief Steward to write on something more official than using pencil on a bit of paper

Kind of what I thought too. Especially when I kind of/sort of reckoned I’d seen the handwriting before somewhere, but couldn’t place it/didn’t fathom it until a mate mentioned something on FB.
    ****! Got me. 🙄

johnners
    Free Member

It’s a bit of a dick move to start any note with “Polite notice”, especially when it’d be more accurate to start it with “officious wee scribble”.

Prison time seems improbable.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Prison time seems improbable.

I’m going to prison on Thursday. That’s for sure. 😥

oldnpastit

I do think work would be a lot more bearable if cannabis were legalized.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Due to the number of bikers there last weekend – and you should see the state of the loos come Sunday morning – I don’t see why they would be worried by a bit of stray dog poo 😉

There is a reason I go to ‘Spoons for a Sunday morning offloading when we are there (we missed this years!)

namastebuzz
    Free Member

One horse poo equals – what? – about a hundred dog poos?

martinhutch

Presumably some of the less responsible dog owners have been failing to observe the existing polite notice…shame for all the good ones, but it’s their land.

I know which one I’d rather stand on.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Meat eater poo is considerably worse. Both in smell and bacteria.

Horse poo is little more than partially composted hay.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Sounds like the work of a sad individual who doesn’t like dogs.

How did the person who wrote the note know that the the owner of the car was exercising their dog?

I’d just ignore it. Perhaps contact the racecourse to see if they have an issue with it?

poah
    Free Member

happy to ride your bike through it then 😉

Torminalis
    Free Member

Got me

So good that you are asking advice on the internet about it! Good lad! 😆

unklehomered
    Free Member

happy to ride your bike through it then

I’d be seriously considering bagging and it and taking it home for the garden.

allthepies
    Free Member

Compared to dog crap, yup.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Sounds like the work of a sad individual who doesn’t like dogs.

How did the person who wrote the note know that the the owner of the car was exercising their dog?

Cos it was a mate with binoculars! (who has a dog)

He’d seen me through the binos & headed over but by the time he got there we’d gone down the canal.

Bastid! 😆

martymac

Lol, excellent!
    A good wind up is brilliant eh

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Had a note under the windscreen wiper today saying….’ is closed to new replies.