Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Had a go on a Pig in`t Peaks on sat
  • Trekster

jeese it was windy. could hardly keep upright, was nearly 45deg at some points and trying to stay on when in a rut was nigh on impossible culminating in the odd comedy dismount 😮

Anyway thanks to 18bikes for hiring me the Pig and my riding buddy Sheldon for guiding me round the Peaks from Hope.
    I liked and I bought a black one cause that was all they had left 😀
    Just need to find the time to put it together.

Only problem all day was a sliding seat post. Could have played with adjustment on Salsa clamp but not my bike so did not want to break anything. Bike was fitted with big Maxxis super tacky e tyres which at times felt like riding with the brakes on 😕

Otherwise I was impressed by the feel and the climbing was easier than anticipated with the 50mm stem fitted.

So if the Pig can last the 16yrs I have been using my Bonty I will be happy 😆

Our route included riding from Hope up the broken road to Mam Torr. We got to Lockerbrook and then over to Ladybower choosing the above fields route as opposed to the rocky descent out of curiosity. Sheldon had never been that way and it looked a popular alternative, met a gang of bikers coming opposite way.
    Really busy place Hope on Sat, bikers everywhere but we hardly saw a anyone barr walkers, very few bikers.

18bikes

glad to hear you enjoyed it. clamp adjusts wi a 4mm allen key – just has that instead of the knob you see on hopes etc..

can i borrow your photos?

Ta,
    Si

Trekster

Just about to mail em Si.
    Tried a gentle adjust but being so far away from anywhere and not my bike did not want to tempt fate 😳

Cheers

edit

Si ygm

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

And there's me hoping to pics of someone riding a squealing pig bare back…

Trekster

nae squealin just smilin 😈

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

"Smile Piggeh!"

ton

i had a problem with seatpost slipping…
    fitted one of these…….
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=19216

no longer a problem

Trekster

what dia Ton, 28.6?

Cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Had a go on a Pig in`t Peaks on sat’ is closed to new replies.