Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Had a go on a 27.5+ bike…
  • orena45

…and loved it!

Took a Mondraker Vantage R Plus out for a spin at the weekend so bunged my thoughts up on my blog – Mondraker Vantage R Plus Test Ride

Had been thinking a 29er would be my next hardtail, but I’m having a second thought now!

v666ern
    Free Member

so whens the crafty+ demo coming… 😉

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I went 26+ on my Surly this summer and hardly rode anything else. Made my 29er feel as rattly as a cross bike.

fasthaggis

This morning I rode my (P7)26er with a 29er front end.
    I got to work quicker and the trail parts felt more alive.
    Win.

mattjg
    Free Member

Loving my 2.8 plussed Yelli Screamy at the mo, my fave ever HT.

PS the 2 pane blog layout is not the easiest to read.

orena45

The Crafty Plus must feel pretty invincible pointed down I’d imagine! Might see about trying it out at some point to see.

Thanks for the layout feedback mattjg. I only changed it last week after having a simpler one for a while. The 2 pane article layout seems easy enough to me and I felt it showed off photos better but if it’s annoying for folk then I’ll change it 🙂

mattjg
    Free Member

well I’m only one voice.

the reason I found it difficult to read was on a laptop all the text is in the right half of the screen, and having the main pic in permanent view doesn’t add value after first sight I think.

others may well love it. & it’s your baby, don’t try and please all the people.

mattjg
    Free Member

& a mate has a Vantage RR+ and really like it.

orena45

Cheers mattjg. Grateful to hear if anyone else isn’t keen on the current layout (or does like it), though I might have a play around tonight with some other templates.

spev

Ooo Vantage R Plus eh, will a 29×2.4 go in there do you think?
    Blog layout is ok but I prefer the text on the left pic on the right, dunno why I have the same problem when a magazine lays a page out that way as well.

simondbarnes

I’m waiting for not quite plus to arrive

orena45

Sorry spev, no idea re 29×2.4″. Thanks for the feedback though on the layout.. maybe it’s a browser thing or something. If I go back to a simple theme, should cause less issues hopefully.

mattjg
    Free Member

how it looks to me: https://goo.gl/photos/YW14CvFVu8HVjroAA

thanks for the bike review.

orena45

Thanks mattjg. Yeah that’s how it was looking for me. Anyway, opted for a simpler look now so grateful for any feedback from those looking 🙂

fergal
    Free Member

“Widowmaker” Irony indeed!

matt_outandabout

simondbarnes – Member

I’m waiting for not quite plus to arrive #

Do tell.

I am plus curious and not quite plus curious – keen to try some post Christmas before I order a new bike…

vinnyeh

It’ll be interesting to see whether the feelings over plus tyres have changed much after a few months in the winter mud.

scotroutes

nqp = lots of tyres in the 2.5-2.7 width range will be putting in an appearance soon. Given the impact of rim widths I expect lots of tales of burping and squirreliness from folk trying to run them on narrower rims.

It’ll be interesting to see whether the feelings over plus tyres have changed much after a few months in the winter mud.

Mine didn’t

Northwind

scotroutes – Member

nqp = lots of tyres in the 2.5-2.7 width range will be putting in an appearance soon

Aye, like the cutting edge highroller 2.7 which I bought in about 2010…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Had a go on a 27.5+ bike…’ is closed to new replies.