Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Had a fight with tramlines – lost
  • littlemisspanda
    Free Member

Got my bike wheel stuck in tramlines in Sheffield yesterday – doh!

A very nice guy in triathlon kit stopped his car and helped to pick me up and get me off the tramlines, and stayed with me until I got picked up. I don’t remember his name, as I was a bit dazed, but I’m very thankful he stopped to help – lying in the middle of a tram line unable to get up was quite a scary experience!

Leeds General Infirmary did a good job patching me up (and supplying me with painkillers) but it’s just sinking in that I’ll be off the bike for quite a few weeks – fractured wrist, gashed my knee open and a few other road rashes and bruises, so quality sofa time for me!

dannybgoode

Ouch – they’re a bugger these tramlines.

Came off a few years ago at the end of a 130 miler – was very upset but not as badly broken as you.

Hope you’re up and riding again soon.

Cheers

Danny B

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Did the same thing in Rochdale the other week – turning into a bend and sprinting for the lights on my singlespeed and Whoops! Front wheel stuck into the track and over the bars i went.
    only did bruised ribs but that was enough to teach me to respect tram lines in future!

honourablegeorge

Finally – someone who actually might need a fatbike…

boblo
    Free Member

I did that a few years ago on the tandem in Lisbon (bit like Sheffield….fewer Portugese tho 🙂 ) We found the hatch of a Citroen BX is/was made of plastic as one of our brake levers punched a hole in it as we came off… Cue quick scamper from the scene……

Get well soon.

JoeG
    Free Member

Everyone *needs* a fatbike, most just don’t know it yet! 😀 And a dropper seatpost! 😉

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

Well I definitely wouldn’t have got a fatbike wheel stuck….not sure how long it would have taken me to get from Leeds to Sheffield on it though!

just grateful there wasn’t a tram coming really 8)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Had a fight with tramlines – lost’ is closed to new replies.