Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hack bike dilemma – wot rigid forks for a 456?
  • unklebuck
    Free Member

My winter hack bike developed some terminal cracks earlier this year, so rather than winterise my 5 or cotic soul I'm thinking of getting a 456 frame and some carboncycles forks to go with it.

Would a 456 & 465mm forks handle ok, or would I be better with a standard inbred and the 445mm's?

I'm 6' with long legs so the higher front end would balance the bike better, has anyone else got this combo??

STATO
    Free Member

The 456 has quite a short headtube (to stop ot being too high with the long forks) so i dont think youll gain any height. Why a 456 tho, would a normal bred not be better?

unklebuck
    Free Member

Looking at the On One site the normal frame's head tube does extend slightly further below the down tube than the 456. I hadn't spotted that!

Why a 456 tho

I prefer the colour 🙂

tinsy
    Free Member

Wouldnt the money for carboncycles forks go toward a set of used Tora's or something?

If your talking about the blue 456 I see your point on the colour thing.

OR just get the scandal and save 1.5lb on frame weight, would be a really light fast fun winter hack.

unklebuck
    Free Member

The idea with this bike is that it going to see nothing more than a few drops of finishline green lube on a still wet and muddy chain after each ride and no more. 😈

Hence why I'm opting for the cheapest and least moving parts option, the rigid singlespeed ethos only with gears!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hack bike dilemma – wot rigid forks for a 456?’ is closed to new replies.