• This topic has 35 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hora.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Hacienda – 12th Feb, Albert Hall, Manchester
  • RustySpanner

Just been informed by a Son in Law that I’m going to this.

He informs me that ‘everything is laid on’.

Any tips to stop me chewing my own face off, boring people with BITD stories and staying awake much appreciated.

I know it’s not the real thing, but I can barely remember that, so no worries eh?

Park, Pickering, Dope & Morales.

What could possibly go wrong?

hora
    Free Member

Hacienda was a club. It wasn’t a franchise, it was knocked down and turned into flats. This should be called ‘Hacienda inspired one off event’?? I went to the Hacienda, Binners worked there for a while??

RustySpanner

Yeah, so did I.
    Thanks for the positivity.

badllama
    Free Member

Most overated club ever IMO

RustySpanner

Went frequently, didn’t work there BTW.

Can you still get decent, non speedy MDMA anymore?

slackalice
    Free Member

Yes, I understand that you can.

Junkyard
    Free Member

not really sure that is a question for debate on an open forum
    The yoofs recommend the dark net for this sort of thing though

RustySpanner

Good show.
    I’m rather looking forward to it.
    🙂

RustySpanner

Mods emailed.

inkster
    Free Member

The thing is, all that pretentious, situationist ,’the hacienda must be built bollx was actually true.

Over rated or not, can’t compare it to any other club I can think of. Conceived with equal amounts of ambition, imagination, optimism and stupidity. Manchester’s real theater of dreams.

Junkyard
    Free Member

did they answer the question for you ? 😈

RustySpanner

I await a response Johnny.
    🙂

benw
    Free Member

it was turned into flats,it wasnt knocked down was it?

RustySpanner

It was knocked down Ben.
    The new flats in were built on the same site.

eddie11
    Free Member

it was a scary dump. at the end anyway.

darrell
    Free Member

I have a few memories from sometime in the late 80’s in there. All of them messy

hora
    Free Member

When did it close? I remember going one week to a full airport style metal detector around the entrance

yunki
    Free Member

I am fairly reliably informed by a youth who is familiar with the dark web that it is very unlikely that you will obtain mdma of the same quality as the stuff that came out of Holland when we were kids..

The closest you will get is a rather jangly derivative..
    This is due to one of the precursors required for it’s synthesis no longer being available

I would substitute with hash and liqour, with maybe some coke to provide a stimulant effect..
    Have a good one mate 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Will be an interesting crowd, went to see the Mondays at the gmex a few years back, not massively full but most looked like they had popped back to their mums to pick up their best 90s Saturday night outfit and hat… After there was a long line who went to pay their respects to the hacienda site. Must have looked very strange from the inside 🙂 top nigh though and thinking of how much music came out of that era/area says a lot about how important it was.

benw
    Free Member

Great memories from the 80/90’s going there.Being on the top balcony hearing Rob Base booming out of that sound system the first time i went in changed my life.

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

I was barman there for a while……a brilliant number of years!! I couldn’t get tickets, but have a belter!!

ps how did you get on scoring the NDMA? Did the Mod sort you out?? 🙂

lowey

Had a few good nights in the 80’s but the place just became scary in the early ninety’s. Much better clubs around.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6rahFZwCUA[/video]

Have fun at the night mate. I never went to any reunions or one off nights… some things are better left as memories.

RustySpanner

In all honesty, the strongest thing I’ve taken for years are painkillers for my back. No intention of starting again.
    🙂

I did like the place, pre gun crime/metal detector days – could never get in when it was dodgy anyway, didn’t know the right idiots.
    Thunderdome and Konspiracy by then – bit scary too!

Tickets are a present and a great surprise.
    I’m looking forward to it immensely but suspect I’ll be ready for a hot drink and a rest by about 2ish.
    🙂

thehustler
    Free Member

Hora would either of you remember an old friend of mine )Graham Ola) who worked as a DJ there back in the day?

benw
    Free Member

The Konspiracy was great,in the back room with the Jam MC’s.Someone shot a gun one night and we all had to come out single file through two lines of police.Rough old town Manchester then.

binners

Anyone else going to this tonight then? Its going to be interesting….

ton

I went to the Hacienda in 1986 I think, to see Level42. coming from the proper side of the pennines, we were pretty used to rough niteclubs, full of rowdy miners and their rowdier ladies.
    we were told we were going to Dodge city and to watch out for the local savages. we had a good time, but the place was a bit of a let down compared the niteclubs of the merry city.

DezB
    Free Member

They let Level 42 play the HACIENDA?? No way! 😆

ton

They let Level 42 play the HACIENDA?? No way!

yeah, pre rave times….lol
    think visage or some other steve strange act played too.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its going to be interesting…watching stationary middle aged gurning

Looks great that enjoy

binners

The Hac was famously open every night. On some weird point of principle. They’d put anyone on that could get a few people in there. I’ve been in there when theres been literally 20 people in the huge cavernous place.

Cheers JY. I’m looking forward to it. I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to go to any of those ‘reunion’ club nights I’m afraid. Like Lowey said… best left as memories all that nonsense, I think

Junkyard
    Free Member

FWIW i went to one some time after – about 8 years and it was not the same

Like trying to lose your virginity for the second time or repeating your first love experience…it was still quite good though but the main change was you wished more people had worn more rather than less 😉

mt
    Free Member

saw Everything but the Girl and Frankie goes to Hollywood at the Hass (as us earlier regulars called it then). For a while it was a really great place to go. As I recall it killed many a good night in other clubs. I should also point out that I remember the building before it became International Marine and a yacht show room (really) before it became the club. That’s why there was a balcony in the place, they got rid of part of the floor so the boats could have a full mast up (unless fact No 3111).

Edit. Spellings

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Sounds like a cracking night to me. Nice bouncy sounding line up.

Any tips to stop me chewing my own face off, boring people with BITD stories and staying awake much appreciated.

No, these are all inevitable.

RustySpanner

Well, just got back.
    🙂

It was superb.
    Biggest surprise was how well Mr Morales and his new fangled, New York sound went down.
    Christ, he was good.
    He hit the floor and danced all night after his set.

Lots of really young people there, which was nice.

£5 a pint, sniffer dogs at the entrance and more security than Maggie’s funeral were down points.

No trouble at all.
    Several outbreaks of spontaneous hugging and a proper British queue for the stones.

More please.

hora
    Free Member

£5 a pint is standard in Chorlton!

Sounds good are you getting breakie in now? 😀

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Hacienda – 12th Feb, Albert Hall, Manchester’ is closed to new replies.