Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Ha – Scotland goes hi -res on Google Earth.
  • SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Hope it’s not been on here before, but not visited much lately.

Just in time for our coast to coast week on wednesday. Now I can see how hard our climb up Cairn Gorm will be.

🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Nice call – must be relatively new. Still some annoying lo-res patches though.

Hope your trip goes OK – looks like a High Pressure area arriving this week with potential for clear air but Easterly winds (LOL).

orena45

Steve – there’s also Streetview for most of the road out of Stonehaven!

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Good. Least I’ve not got to worry about route, now tracker Dave is going. I’m gonna have to cancel one accommodation place very soon – Olly doesn’t want it does he?

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

druidh

It’s a week on wednesday we start – overnight Stonehaven on the 19th, ride wed 20th.

Fingers crossed for the weather, the midges.

🙂

Year, there’s still a fair bit in low res – Mt Keen area for example. Maybe it’ll be done shortly. Nice to see some of it in high res before we go, especially our crazy Cairn Gorm climb.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

You can easily make out the Fort William DH track on Aonach Mor

andywhit
    Free Member

electricity next then ? 😀

bruneep

electricity next then ?

Never, none of new fangled elktrik up here laddie! It’ll confuse the haggi and make the Irn Bru go flat.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

brilliant

good to see most of the n/w looks as much like another planet from the air as it does form the ground

Mat

hmm aboyne is still low res…

househusband

Still shows our end of the village being built, so no newer than ten years or so – but certainly other areas are far newer.

epicyclo

Looks good. Just a few of the more important bits left.

dave_aber
    Free Member

hmm aboyne is still low res…

Just like on the ground then… 😆

Northwind

Hmm, it seems like the areas which were lower res before are still lower res, and it’s just the bits that were already decent which are improved? Or is that just me?

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

I don’t think so – last time I looked there was none of our route in even decent res.

We’ll be stopping at The Boat Inn, Aboyne for lunch on the first day :).

DickBarton

I dunno about high res but the images have certainly updated…complete lack of detail now in areas I’ve been looking at…just some real fuzzy images that look sort of like trees.

Drac

ooh updated area around me too now about 2 years old not 4.

druidh
    Free Member

I’ve been checking out Minchmoor and Inners XC. The new track layout is there, so it can’t be that old.

DickBarton

Isn’t old, just seriously low res where I’m looking…

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Dick – try to find your house – it must be over 5 years old.

DickBarton

The pics were taken about 2001, just before the work started to create the estate…the proposes plan for the first phases is marked as a road (but the road names obviously changed)…saying that, the trail I have been going on about down the front does look ‘possible’…still no more detail than was there previously though…shame really.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Ha – Scotland goes hi -res on Google Earth.’ is closed to new replies.