Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Ha-Haa! I've just scammed Paypal out of £252! :o)
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It seems I have unwittingly scammed Paypal out of £252!! Party time!!!

:mrgreen:

Seriously though, I bought an item for £337, which emptied my Paypal account out, and needed a charge from my card for the rest. I selected a credit card I've used before during the payment (This was Sunday last) and it all went through. No problems.

So my item arrives Wednesday.
    Then just now I get an email saying they couldn't charge my card, and my linked bank account declined the payment (I use this account purely for Paypal as they won't let both me and Mrs PP link out Paypal accounts to our joint account and there's about 37p in it!)

Well that's just tough. You've had enough of my money over the years. You can sweat on it until Monday. At least Monday.

Heheheheeeee. 😈

soobalias
    Free Member

pocket it, emigrate, they will never catch you.

happy retirement.

peteimpreza

See you in the beer tent later.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Mr Poddy, we meet at last.

cynic-al
    Free Member

They'll never notice.

Admiralable
    Free Member

I managed to do this but only by £120 they started to chase me for it but then nothing…… Still waiting! My account was negative balance so I opened a new one 🙂 Bingo! Only another £450 to go to cover the Fox Forx I was screwed out of by them.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Pete, indeed. It's a pity my £252 is tied up in a Sigma lens. 🙂

ADH – Eh? Confused me now, you have…. 😕 😉

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I was insinuating that they would now sent a host of special agents to hunt you down.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I managed to do this but only by £120 they started to chase me for it but then nothing…… Still waiting! My account was negative balance so I opened a new one Bingo! Only another £450 to go to cover the Fox Forx I was screwed out of by them.

Are you saying I should give up my previous good and honest character and, er, do a runner?
    With _MY_ reputation??

😯

MrNutt
    Free Member

They'll sell your ass on eBay to recover the fees, happened to a friend of mine, he was last seen being forced into a crate marked "brompton road Turkish baths" he's not been seen since but his parents say he's doing wonders for Anglo/middle east relations.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

ADH – Ahh. Sorry. I see. I've ruined that joke now haven't I? 😳

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

Well thats technically theft.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No it's not. I paid. Just using someone elses money, that's all. Money they've profited out of me over the years…..

coffeeking
    Free Member

But your bank account will fine you for attempting to take out funds that are not present, and paypal will charge you for not supplying them with funds. Oh this is going to be fun!

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

You didn't pay the full amount. That could be counted as fraud/theft.

Pay up.

iDave
    Free Member

hahahaahahahaha

that's almost as funny as me emailing the link to this thread and your email address to paypals security centre ……..

no bombers necessary…….

you're welcome

BluePalomino
    Free Member

It's not real money – it's paypal – virtual money – ether tokens.

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

Oh of course. Carry on.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member

ADH – Ahh. Sorry. I see. I've ruined that joke now haven't I?

There was a joke?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Coffeeking – Good point mate.

Just rang the lovely people at Lloyds and they aren't charging me. So whilst I was it, I cancelled the Paypal DD, becasue I'm not having them screw up like this on me again.

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

So…

You bought something through paypal cash, topped it up with a credit card and it let you buy it?

Hmm, I can see how paypal might have ballsed up slightly by not making sure that the funds were available on the card, or, is it the credit card companys fault for authorising it in the first place? Not sure.

I think you'll be getting a call from the credit card company at some point asking for their cash, or, the next time you check your statement you'll be over drawn. Either way, you'll pay for that item.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

Either way, you'll pay for that item.

Massive minus karma points at the very least. Whatever you bought will fail. Was it forks or a frame?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Pay up.

Ohh FFS you eejit! This is a Friday afternoon fun/light troll thread. Stop being so bloody superior and lighten up a bit. :mrgreen:

Trimix
    Free Member

Whats also funny is you post it up on the internet – they will hunt you down and email you illegal pron till you pay up.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

is it the credit card companys fault for authorising it in the first place?

Apparently so yes. I've just been on the blower to the lovely people PP who say the CC bank refused the payment. For what reason I have NO IDEA becasue there's rarely more than a couple of hundred quid on the card and it's paid off in full every month.

Strange.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Whats also funny is you post it up on the internet – they will hunt you down and email you illegal pron till you pay up.

Awwww, if only you'd have said earlier! I'd like that!

Oops

Inner voice Peter, INNER VOICE!! 😉

BluePalomino
    Free Member

Ohh FFS you eejit! This is a Friday afternoon fun/light troll thread. Stop being so bloody superior and lighten up a bit.

Won't be such fun when you're behind bars, in the showers, and you drop the soap 😯

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I use shower gel. I'll be OK.

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

Sorry. I forgot it's such a laugh ripping people off!

\o/

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Damn straight it is! 😈 🙄

kevin1911

You sure it's Paypal that's out of pocket and not the person/shop that sent you the goods? We all know what Paypal are like for taking funds back when they realise they've bodged up, or when some random punter whispers that you've bodged up and Paypal take their side regardless of the overwhelming evidence you provide to them.

There could be an innocent person sitting somewhere this very minute wondering how they'll pay the mortgage or feed their young kids now that they're £252 out of pocket. How can you sleep? 😉

JulianA
    Free Member

Thief! Bet your on benefits as well, aren't you. I've read about people like you before, lying and cheating and taking other people's money whilst never having done a day's honest work in your life, You should, be ashamed of yourself, young feller-me-lad, I tell you, in my day we'd have had the law on us for that sort of thing and a jolly good job too, now everyone's proud of how much they can rip the state off for with their benefits and averything and they just drink and smoke what I have to give them from my taxes. Youth of today. Wasn't like that in my day. I blame the parents mind, should have beaten them more often.

snaps
    Free Member

I think you'll be hearing from their legal/recovery dept.

JPcapel
    Free Member

Same thing happened when I changed my bank, paypal was linked to the old account which no longer existed.
    The firms I purchased from, via ebay, came after me to re-claim the short fall, so clearly paypal leaves the seller out in the cold, rather than suffer the loss themselves.
    Maybe this will make for a re-think, shouldn't let a seller suffer at hands of paypal – for what its worth, were it paypal that solely suffered I'd say stick it to them, – their percentage on handling money is totally at odds to high street banks and is border line theft (IMHO) !
    You are very unlikely to be pursued properly for this sort of some by a retailer.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Ha-Haa! I've just scammed Paypal out of £252! :o)’ is closed to new replies.