Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 125 total)
  • H E L P!!! Upset woman content
  • cinnamon_girl

OMG I’ve just freaked out. 😯 There’s a large dead bird on my patio, think it’s a crow.

What do I do? Am terrified of dead birds so picking it up is definitely not an option. 🙁

H E L P

DezB
    Free Member

Shovel?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Neighbours?

toppers3933
    Free Member

Run out into the street screaming. This should attract a local good Samaritan who will dispose of the bird.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

buy a Cat?

stick an old towel over it – A fox will more than likely take it overnight..

Karinofnine

A fox will probably come and take it away overnight tonight. Shut the curtains so you can’t see it, it’s too cold to sit out on the patio anyway.

Otherwise get your neighbour to help. Is the boy still watching you? He probably already knows it’s there – EEEK he might have put it there (only joking). Ask a neighbour.

HTH
    x

DezB
    Free Member

Neighbour’s shovel?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I misread that as ‘think its a cow’. I feel strangely disappointed now.

cranberry
    Free Member

WTFU – it is an ex-bird, it isn’t going to bite you.*

* Disclaimer: unless of course it is a vampire zombie dead crow.

sbob
    Free Member

Get a spade.
    Dig a hole.
    Put organic waste in hole (you can use the spade for this, precious).
    Fill hole.

bearnecessities

It might not be dead. Patio = patio doors/glass = stunned?

Or it could be disemboweled, in which case ignore me.

jon1973
    Free Member

Neighbours?

I’m not sure how watching a day time Aussie soap is going to help the situation.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It might just be pining for the fjords.

SaxonRider

I can totally sympathise with you, cinnamon_girl. Even with a shovel, I would not be able to pick it up. There is something about the dead weight of a critter like that that just freaks me out.

I’m fine around either a lot smaller things or a lot bigger, strangely enough.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

ski
    Free Member

Are you sure its dead and not just sleeping?

RustySpanner

Ignore it.

Just go inside, switch on the telly and take your mind of the whole thing with a good film.

rocketman
    Free Member

I always feel really sad when I see dead birds and wild animals. Unless they’ve been savaged they’re perfect little creatures in every way. But dead.

Awwwwwwwwwww

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Time to fire up the barbie!

binners

A similar effect can be obtained with a can of WD40 and a lighter

cinnamon_girl

I’m fine with other dead animals, remember my dead badger thread from yonks ago? 😉

Birds and flappy feathers. 😐

Would cats bother with it? Not sure if there’s a local fox. Oh this is so horrible!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

POIDH!!!

tommyhine

probably make a nice lasagna or something, perhaps sell it to Findus.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Eat it

FuzzyWuzzy

Careful, it could just be faking it and as soon as you get close enough it will leap up and perform a tracheotomy on you with a single stab of it’s beak.

Cats might have a go but they’ll leave a mess as they don’t like feathers or guts or bones, so imagine it now then imagine it with feathers all over the patio plus blood, guts and bones and then think carefully if you want to leave it out :p

mtbfix

This sort of situation is why the emergency services exist. Dial 999 and let them sort it out.

dday

😀 Vampire Zombie Crows!

Hitchcock would be proud!

BigJohn

Just pretend it’s a rook and you’ll be fine.

toppers3933
    Free Member

if your issue is birds and flappy feathers then this should be fine, doesnt sound like its doing much flapping.

sweepy
    Free Member

Stick it to your head and go to a fancy dress party as Tippi Hedren

cinnamon_girl

😆

Quick question – if a cat was interested, would it eat the head? I might possibly be able to cope with feathers if there’s no head.

bigyinn
    Free Member

SamB
    Free Member

Hand inside plastic bag, pick up carcass, invert bag, tie top.

Of course that implies you don’t mind picking up a bird with an extremely thin layer of plastic between you and it. Freaked me out when I had to do it! 👿

Edit:

Quick question – if a cat was interested, would it eat the head? I might possibly be able to cope with feathers if there’s no head.

If you’ve got a kitchen knife I may have a solution for you

rocketman
    Free Member

Cats wont touch it they’re near the top of the food chain & only eat fresh meat.

Either the shovel or pick it up with a carrier bag like dog owners pick up dog turds and put it in the bin

philconsequence
    Free Member

dead birds are always much heavier than they look… you might need a good strong man to help you out 😉

throw a towel over it, approach slowly whilst wimperring and squeeling, grab it in a wrap-the-towel-around-it-so-you-dont-have-to-look-at-it fashion, throw it (feebly, like a girl remember) over the back garden. pick it up off the floor next to the fence where you weren’t strong enough to throw it high enough (remember, i warned you they were heavy!), wrap the towel back around it to stop it from staring at you through its cold dead piercing eyes, drop it again, squeel all the way back inside and lock the doors until a man can come and help.

HTH x

Mikkel
    Free Member

We had a bluetit impale itself on a cactus once, it also caused one upset woman.
    Was amazed at how well it had managed to impale itself, had to wear thick gloves to pull it off.

rogermoore

throw a towel over it, approach slowly whilst wimperring and squeeling, grab it in a wrap-the-towel-around-it-so-you-dont-have-to-look-at-it fashion, throw it (feebly, like a girl remember) over the back garden. pick it up off the floor next to the fence where you weren’t strong enough to throw it high enough (remember, i warned you they were heavy!), wrap the towel back around it to stop it from staring at you through its cold dead piercing eyes, drop it again, squeel all the way back inside and lock the doors until a man can come and help.

That is exactly how I was imagining how I’d deal with it. 😳

RM.

Scamper
    Free Member

I bet its just a baby robin or something, you know what women are like 😉

annebr
    Free Member

Sure it’s not a warning? Live near any mafioso?

DezB
    Free Member

Just so you know:
    Wild birds cannot be stuffed or mounted for display without a permit.

(ps. this is Indiana State Law and may or may not apply in the UK)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘H E L P!!! Upset woman content’ is closed to new replies.