Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • H Bars
  • SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Am thinking of running hydraulic discs on my currently drop bar Roadrat over the winter. I like the variety of hand holds on the drops and was thinking H bars may be a compromise, offering similar flexibility whilst being able to run hydraulics.

Apart from added nicheness, what are the advantages of H bars over flats with bar ends?

If anyone has photos of a similar H bar build, would be interested in seeing them.

Failing that, are there any bodges which would allow me to run drops with hydraulics? I’d be using LX

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Bump

Ringo
    Free Member

Been using them for about a year or so and find them very comfortable I ride ss and love the many hand positions available from these bars. Took me a while to get used to them but now won’t be going back to “normal” bars

shortcut

A mate of mine runs j bars, like h but with a rise. He swears by them for longer events.

Can you stick your lx’s on the top of you current drops?

Atomizer

I ran H bars when I had a roadrat. Used BB7s though. It was fine, but widest hand position is not very aerodynamic!
    I have H bars on my mountain bikes and i’m very happy with the hand positions, either on the ends for downhill or on the H part for climbing, cruising. I have run XTR dual control hydraulics, but the bulk of the pivot and shifter housing gets in the way a bit especially in winter using thicker gloves.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

M960 XTR dual controls work best with H bars.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Can you stick your lx’s on the top of you current drops?

Unfortunately not. Bar diameter is too wide, and I’d need a two piece clamp to get them around the bend

Ringo
    Free Member

i use elixirs they work fine hayes strokers also very good too

richcc
    Free Member

I’ve been considering some bull horns on my Rat but wouldn’t want to lose my hydro discs. Will have to see if I can find some in mtb dia.

james-o
    Free Member

i like the way H-bars give you a nice aero tuck on the fwd etensions and are a half-way between road and mtb bars. great on a singlespeed when hauling and over longer distances, not quite mastered hops and more technical stuff on them but the more i use them the more i like them. i don’t have shifters on mine, i imagine that may be a faf, thumbie converters may be the answer.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

i use elixirs they work fine hayes strokers also very good too

Do you mean on drops?

Ringo
    Free Member

ahh no i meant h bars

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘H Bars’ is closed to new replies.