Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Gyro Brakes
  • SamCooke
    Free Member

I want to take my brakes off my BMX like all the guys on the skate park, but my mum thinks it’s too dangerous, so she has ‘compromised’ on gyro brakes. what do I need to do to convert my bike to these? How much of the original kit can i keep and where can i get the stuff?

Thanks all

alex222
    Free Member
    SamCooke
    Free Member

well, that has answered my last question, but it’s not much use until the other questions are answered. To be honest ‘from a bike shop’ is not the most useful answer, i was hoping people would realise that i knew that much at least. implicit in the question was the request for some useful information about the best place to get the stuff, both in terms of the quality of the stuff and the support of the shop. In that respect, google is not my friend. but thanks anyway mfor your patronising input. I hope to be able to do the same for you one day.

alex222
    Free Member

well odyssey or dia comp are probably your best bet for the solution and why don’t you fit them yourselves as they come with instructions. Also that is all you need.

SamCooke
    Free Member

That’s better, what a delightful young man you can be when you make the effort. Thank you.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Fitting a Gyro system to already crap BMX brakes just makes them worse . Why not run just a rear brake with a long enough cable run that you can still do a 360 , that’s what most folk seem to do .

alex222
    Free Member

with respect sam you can placate me once you no longer live with your mum

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Fitting a Gyro system to already crap BMX brakes just makes them worse . Why not run just a rear brake with a long enough cable run that you can still do a 360 , that’s what most folk seem to do .

+1

Gyro’s just sap any remaining power from BMX brakes, and just add more bits to go wrong/break/fiddle with.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Gyro Brakes’ is closed to new replies.