Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Gypsies – credit where credit due…perhaps
  • benz
    Free Member

There are good and bad in all groups and parts of society….

However, knowing nothing about security barriers I was impressed that a local company car park was entered by a group of travelling people in their assorted Hobby caravans, Audi A6’s and Transit pick-ups laden with garden waste.

Impressed only because they had figured out how to get the pass activated security barrier to raise on demand and had not cut it off or cut down the security fence to gain access.

Of course, this may be a legitimate camp site or they have been given the necessary passes for the barrier.

Life skills indeed….

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s not too late to change this to a ‘what coffee machine’ thread.

redmex
    Free Member

My local woods are still a disgrace but i shall not divulge any more as this thread will be hooked

funkmasterp

I can’t type anything positive or negative due to the curse placed on me in 1986. It’s not my fault, what’s a nine year old boy supposed to do with pegs and lucky Heather 🙄

juanking

Shame they were slightly less ingenious going up the side by the cemetery..

funkmasterp

Completely OT, but how are you doing Juan?

MSP

It’s not my fault, what’s a nine year old boy supposed to do with pegs and lucky Heather

Wait till he is a teenager, add a whisk and a stick of celery, and bingo, instant sexual gratification!

benz
    Free Member

John, firstly I hope all is going well for you.

Yes, the route between the school and crem…..aye…..

juanking

Not bad at all mate thanks. Reminds me, will update my main thread shortly.

barney8000
    Free Member

Transit pick-ups laden with garden waste.

Council recycling centre must have been shut?!

aracer
    Free Member

I’m intrigued by the OP if it isn’t too late to rescue this thread from the inevitable. It is quite ingenious to circumvent security like that – I wonder if they’d acquired a suitable pass somehow or if there’s some other common security flaw in such barriers which the travelling community know about?

benz
    Free Member

Aracer, must admit that was what piqued my interest….how?

Scapegoat

I may be able to answer the security barrier question. Albion Street Car park in Huddersfield has a security barrier, pass activated, leading to a section for Council employees and certain others. You need a pass to enter, but to exit you need to activate a floor sensor, normally simply by driving a large metallic object like a car over a rectangle of tarmac in which the sensor is embedded.

The car park has several drain covers, perfectly portable, and heavy and ferrous enough to activate the exit sensors. SO. You park in front of the barrier, alight the vehicle, find one of the drain covers and place it on the corner of the sensor, neatly marked with a ribbon of bitumen. The barrier lifts, you get back in your car and drive in. You then take the drain cover from the sensor and put it back over the drain and Bob’s your mother’s live in lover.

Now I may be wrong, but I strongly suspect that a member of the travelling community may well be able to avail themselves of a suitable piece of ferrous metal to activate that type of sensor.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I’ve done it on my bike before now, just put enough weight (ie. pressure) on the front wheel and jobs a good ‘un.

Liftman

put it back over the drain

Put it in back of transit pick up for the next scrap run

FTFY

aracer
    Free Member

Thanks scapegoat now I know how to do it you’ve satisfied my curiosity.

spooky_b329

Underground carpark near me used to have a barrier, you could open it by pulling the metal wheelie bin out from its spot, the barrier would open and then politely wait whilst you returned the bin and got back in 🙂

Unfortunately they decided to turn the car park into a public pay and display, so now I have to pay to park in the car park whilst working for said customer.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Gypsies – credit where credit due…perhaps’ is closed to new replies.