Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Gymnastics for adults
  • jonm81

Anyone on here taken up gymnastics as an adult? If so how did it go?

I’m thinking about giving it a go with the aim of mostly having a bit of fun but also to improve strength and flexibility to help with cycling and climbing.

As a slightly overweight 36 year old who couldn’t even master cartwheels as a child the big question is; will trying a gymnastics class kill me?

maccruiskeen

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaWo6xxCKdo[/video]

Poopscoop

Not that I was considering it but after watching that clip.

I’ll pass. 😀

Riofer
    Free Member

If you don’t fancy that how about calisthenics, lots of strength and core benefits without the rhythmic movement

reluctantlondoner

I’m with the OP in having wondered about this – seems like it would be huge win in terms of strength and flexibility, which could only mean good things on the bike.

There are interesting online programmes like GMB or GymnasticBodies.com – but I’ve been too intimidated to try them as they look seriously hard core and not the sort of starting point a desk jockey needs….

jonm81

Was more thinking more about the bars and hanging loops but that video is what I fear I would look like only a bit fatter. I would totally rock a sparkly leotard though 😯

There is a gymnastics gym down the road that our 3 year old daughter plays at. May enquire there and have a go depending on how much they laugh when I ask.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Gymnastics for adults’ is closed to new replies.