Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Gym membership – how much do you pay?
  • geoffj

Looking at a Livingwell membership of around £50 per month depending on exact payment terms.
    That’s for 15m pool, weight machines, usual cardio stuff, steam room & sauna.
    Not exactly luxurious or full of the latest kit. How does that price sound?

andrewh
    Free Member

I joined one for 6 months a couple of years ago when injured and couldn’t ride. Had a 23m pool, which was all I ever used, plus all the stuff you mentioned above. No squash or badminton courts though or I might have kept it up.
    Anyway, that was £30/month.

br
    Free Member

IME Its not how much per month, but how much to cancel when you want out that’s the problem…

18bikes

£32/month IIRC. no pool, all classes and trainer time included.

jam-bo

A big fat £0

I’ve got a pair of trainers and a bike.

geoffj

b r – Member
    IME Its not how much per month, but how much to cancel when you want out that’s the problem…

POSTED 1 MINUTE AGO # REPORT-POST

One option is a 6 month contract.

bails

£18 per month, no pool, but no contract.

coxy17
    Free Member

Zero have a bike and a good pair of running/walking shoes.why do people feel the need to join the gym,, I can only think it’s for all those mirrors.

geoffj

The pool, sauna, steam and weights are 3 good reasons for me. YMMV

allthepies
    Free Member

£17/month, gym only, no contract.

piemonster

I never fail to be amazed that there are ‘contracts’ for Gym membership.

mrmo
    Free Member

price is location specific, where i was temping a couple of years ago the staff discounted price cost more than the local branch for a nationwide chain.

The discount was a good price for London apparently but not in cheltenham.

The SO pays £30ish for similar to what you are describing.

br
    Free Member

Yes, and the hassle/effort/money to get my wifes’ cancelled and paid off was just stupid – but did she listen when she signed up…

JoeBones
    Free Member

£22 and no pool but the best gym in the world http://www.fitnessmadesimple.co.uk

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Did the OP ask for people’s opinions on whether he should join a gym or not? Thought he just wanted to know what people pay. Why do others when it comes to gym membership have to pass comment on why there’s no need to join a gym.

higgo
    Free Member

£12/month gym on site at work, although I pay £18 to get unlimited ‘classes’. I do a circuits class once a week.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I pay my wifes membership for Virgin which is £49 per month; if you use it which she does about 4 times a week it’s quite good value really, there’s a 25 m pool, as many classes as you can do, loads of kettlebells, a TRX area, tons of concept 2s and upto 4 hours crèche per child per visit for an extra £12 per child per month.

Me, I do press ups and have a couple of kettlebells and a bench in the garage.

piemonster

Mr_Mojo – Member

meehaja
    Free Member

local council gym. All new machines, plenty of space, can cancel anytime, pool, classes, climbing wall etc all included, £27 p/m.

andypaul99
    Free Member

£31 PM, everything in – gym, pool, squash classes etc…..

midlifecrashes

£6.66 per month (£100 for 15 month signup), Xercise4less. Massive gym, loads of cardio machines, TRX, resistance machines, and a big free weights area. All classes included, big spin class too. Plenty of trainers hanging about if you want a bit of ad-hoc advice or how to do a particular exercise, but you pay by the hour for 1 to 1.

No pool, sauna or towels.

I go about three times a week which makes it just under 40p a visit.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

£10.99/Month, gym only (It’s a good one) with no contract.
    Rising to £16.99/month after the first year
    Some classes are free, some are £5

http://www.thegymgroup.com

£57 per month for 2 adults and 1 child. Child has swim included too

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

£3/month salary sacrifice for on site gym.

Jamie
    Free Member

A big fat £0

I’ve got a pair of trainers and a bike.

…but what about your gunz?

hmanchester
    Free Member

£46 for Virgin Active multi site membership that covers me for Manchester city centre and closer to home.

It’s at least 50% more than others I looked at, but the only one that was up to scratch with it’s weight training gear and swimming facilities.

Very much worth it. No power rack or bumper plates and I wouldn’t go for free.

allthepies
    Free Member

The new one next to Sainsburys ?

dribbling
    Free Member

Paid £200 for 6months plus one free with DW meat-market.

Bit dear, and a bit naff, but great kit, pools (only 20m but that’s not too bad for a gym) and best of all wherever I am working I can stroll into the nearest one.

Best one was a stint I had in Blackpool for a year and joined the council gym; £28 a month, no contract and fantastic pool. If only more Local Authorities took a similar approach.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Pies – Yes mate, it’s pretty good IMO 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

So I’ve heard. I’m sticking to the Farnborough Rec one as it’s a shorter walk from work 😉

johnhighfield
    Free Member

Hi I pay £330 for the year. Its cheaper as I am 50+ and pay in one lump sum (12 months for the price of 10).

I get 2 Squash courts; 2 badminton courts;& unlimited use the swimming pool& Gym & fitness classes – including spinning…..

I do only play Sq though and I was paying the same for 2 courts a week…..

The wife pays £600 to a Nuffield Gym – which would work out OK if she used it 2-3 times a week…………

samuri
    Free Member

Nobody leaves the Gym brotherhood. Ever.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I pay a big fat £naff.all too.
    Everything but a pool & sauna. I go once a year to do my fitness test. (prison gym)
    Some staff go mornings, lunchtimes & after a shift! Nuttas!

jam-bo

…but what about your gunz?

i have a 14 month old son who weighs about 25lb. its like doing kettle bells all day long….

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I do despair that people lack the imagination to understand why some folks might want to join a gym and now it seems some also have such a poor understanding of business models that ‘contracts’ are amazing!

piemonster

Contracts are not in any way amazing in themselves.

Gym contracts however are a little special

King-ocelot
    Free Member

£38 a month on-peak pool, sauna and classes included. No contract price fixed while your a member if you leave you need to rejoin at current price which is £45 a month

heresjonny
    Free Member

£168 for family of four, peak membership. Pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, big gym, 4 studios for classes, childrens outdoor play area, creche, 18 hole golf course. I like it and more importantly SO uses it alot so value for money.

yossarian
    Free Member

£60 a month for family membership. It’s all sort of municipal stuff. Our subscription gives us unlimited access to 3 swimming pools and 5 gyms in the local area. I don’t suppose it’s as good as the private sector stuff but its fine by me.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Gym membership – how much do you pay?’ is closed to new replies.