• This topic has 50 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Solo.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Gym help
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Yeah but which muscles? Which ones do I want to exercise? What actions make those ones work? Which ones will help me in what area of daily or sporting life?

Hehe.

iDave
    Free Member

Yeah but which muscles? Which ones do I want to exercise? What actions make those ones work? Which ones will help me in what area of daily or sporting life?

I think a little diagram on the side of a machine may not have that much insight?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Maybe it’s time to start studying anatomy

If you can just wait until Friday I’m sure there’ll be some pics….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

At least the diagrams show what actions are intended to exercise which groups.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Molgrips – to work the most muscles, can you easily use the machine without the seat/ bench?

Chest presses standing using either set of handles will use more muscles than if sat supported with your back against the bench. This will make you super good at pushing open doors.

Turn around and do the same sort of exercise pulling the handles towards you. This will make you super cool at opening doors.

Sit on the bench when it’s flat, pulling the handles down towards the ground. Kind of like a chin up. This’ll make you mega-ace at doing, errm, chin-ups?

ahwiles
    Free Member

see this?

it’s a door, it’s the most important piece of keep-fit equipment ever invented.

exercise is just the side-effect of going through one of these into the outside world and enjoying yourself…

damo2576
    Free Member

Did you really go to the gym, and rather than work out, take a note of the gym equipment, look it up on teh interweb and post a photo to a forum?

damo2576
    Free Member

Don’t enter the Krypton Factor is my advice!

molgrips
    Free Member

exercise is just the side-effect of going through one of these into the outside world and enjoying yourself…

Thanks for that gem mate. Just nicely recovered from last night’s run, off out in an hour or two for a 2 hour bike ride. Two more hours on Thursday then a rest day followed by a run and a longer ride.

None of that works my upper body tho.

Did you really go to the gym, and rather than work out, take a note of the gym equipment, look it up on teh interweb and post a photo to a forum?

I went to the gym for my running intervals, and thought I’d post on the forum to see if anyone had any tips for that machine.

I really needed those sanctimonious but clueless lectures though, cheers!

damo2576
    Free Member

Sorry, couldn’t resist!

Solo
    Free Member

Ah !. its the iDave n Molgrips show. Excellent !
    😀

Have you ever considered taking your show on the road ?
    😉

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Gym help’ is closed to new replies.