Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Gym Group Excercises Classes (Your not as fit as you think you are!)
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Last night I went to “Body Combat” with the missus as I had nothing else to do and no car so it filled the time nicely.

Now I ride bikes fairly regularly, 2-3 times a week minimum, one SS ride, one geared, one with the roadie club. I’m not unfit. Or so I thought.

After 10 minutes I was warmed up nicley.

After 20 minutes I’m sweating a bit.

After 30 minutes I’m ready for him to announce that we’re going to cool down.

After 40 minutes my legs are broken! I thought my shoulders might tire, but my legs?

After 50 minutes the instructor makes us do crunches in every feasable contortion.

After an hour I’ve decided that doing 100km at 17.5mph on a Sunday is actualy easy and that riding in a ChainGang is actualy pain free compared to being made to do a lunge forewards, sideways, roundhouse kick, sidekick, front kick, back kick, jump kick 12 times (with one leg, you’ve still got the other to go!).

molgrips
    Free Member

If you think they are fitter than you, take them on a 60km mtb ride see how they get on 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

As the only bloke I’d have to let them ‘win’ up the hills, it’s chivilrous isn’t it?

Does SFB want to come allong?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Had a similar experience when I went to spin classes with GF think it would be a easy laugh and target rich environment <caugh> Hardest cycling I have done zone 5 all the way. Now treat spin classes with respect 😉

Your right though, different type of fitness.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Cross training: Different exercises to what your body has got efficient at. Put them on bikes and you’ll see them suffer similarly.

RobHilton
    Free Member

You’re supposed to be caned by the end of the class 🙂

My normal Saturday used to consist of: ride to gym, Body Combat, Body Pump, ride/struggle home and sleep for most the afternoon.

These days I’m more sensible, although I do do the odd double spin class session, but have to hold back quite a lot in the first one.

trickydisco
    Free Member

fit = fit for purpose

i’ve seen a few fit footballers and runnesr cry for their mummy at circuit training sessions

McHamish
    Free Member

Come to thai boxing…it’s the only exercise where on hard sessions I’ll see wierd little spots and flashes in front of my eyes.

Probably means I’m about to faint/vomit/collapse.

The instructor will shout at you if you don’t kick/punch hard enough and you’ll have to do sparring at the end. You can’t take it easy in sparring and drop your hands as the other guy will punch you in the face.

5thElefant
    Free Member

To prove step aerobics was girly rubbish my mate went to a class with his girlfriend. He wore 1kg ankle and wrist weights to really hammer the point home.

They broke him.

ericemel
    Free Member

I did an 8 week intensive yoga course (2.5 hours once a week) – hardest work out I have had!

Pippin
    Free Member

Try crossfit – workout of the day (WOD) generally done in 20 minutes or less after warmup and skills practice. 20 minutes can’t be that hard can it? One of the central tennets is that you don’t get stuck into the same exercises all the time, so your body never quite adapts…

It’s no coincidence the programme mascot is called Pukey the clown!

regulalry has me in pieces, on the floor, trying to breathe through my ears

5thElefant
    Free Member

regulalry has me in pieces, on the floor, trying to breathe through my ears

You must be popular with the ladies.

molgrips
    Free Member

I went on a bike ride once with two guys who were into ‘fitness’ and were quite fit.

They were quick on a bike too… for the first 30 mins… of a four hour ride.. 😈

morgs
    Free Member

started boxing last year…not to any great standard, just a couple of charity fights….but that kind of training was a massive shick to the system…

just proves that there are different types of fitness. I’m 18 stone and can fight my 3 rounds (could probably go 4 or 5 if needed) but my cycling will be shocking as ive not ridden for 5 years!

GlennG
    Free Member

Ride quite a lot (commute 36 miles a day 3 days a week on SS road bike) also night ride once a week with a off road ride or 50 mile club ride thown in at the weekend, also run 5 miles twice a week so a fair bit of exersize, I also teach kickboxing & karate twice a week and an hour of kickboxing is far more exhausting than any of the rides/runs put together, (but a very good way of increasing your stamina and base fitness). 3 x 2min rounds of sparring sounds reasonably easy but I am hanging after a couple of those.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

My usual wednesday afternoon last year consisted of boxing circuits, body attack, then spin class straight after each other. Took a bit of getting used to but benefits were great.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Gym Group Excercises Classes (Your not as fit as you think you are!)’ is closed to new replies.