Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Gym costs for toddlers – blimey!!
  • DrP

Just got an email from the wife after scoping out a local gym (yup, David Lloyd).

Our lad (2.5yrs) would have to be a ‘member’ in order to be able to go to the crèche there – all at the bargain price of £10/month plus £4 per hour!!

He’d better get good at selling ‘roids in the lockers to the other kids…

DrP

Junkyard
    Free Member

Surley he can just steal their Ipads and smart phones and then “lease” them back to them wiht “protection”?

see that is the problem with broken britain … no ambition

ohnohesback
    Free Member

May I suggest there is something seriously wrong with your family childcare arrangements if you are dumping your child in a gym creche? If you are considering having children you really ought to consider how you are going to look after them full time before you concieve.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

If you are considering having children you really ought to consider how you are going to look after them full time before you concieve.

Well that’s ‘long, argumentative, thread of the day’ kicked off then.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Don’t rise OP.

Let that charmless whelk be seen for what he is

Junkyard
    Free Member

Well that’s ‘long, argumentative, thread of the day’ kicked off then

More obvious troll is obvious….awaits obvious defence from obvious troll

DrP

May I suggest there is something seriously wrong with your family childcare arrangements if you are dumping your child in a gym creche? If you are considering having children you really ought to consider how you are going to look after them full time before you concieve.

All sorted – he’s currently thrashing about in a hessian sack in the bottom of a canal….

DrP

Update – he’s stopped thrashing now….

joao3v16
    Free Member

Our lad (2.5yrs) would have to be a ‘member’ in order to be able to go to the crèche there – all at the bargain price of £10/month plus £4 per hour!!

That’s a pretty ridiculous system they operate.

I went to a David Lloyd once, just a one-off visit for one of those fitness test doo-dah’s where you have your VO2 max etc measured.

4 of us had booked a session with a freelance guy to do the actual test, the facilities hire price was included in his fee, but we still had to pay David Lloyd something daft like £15 just to get through the turnstile.

It was also one of the most sterile and unwelcoming gym’s, sorry “fitness centre’s”, that I’ve ever been in.

EDIT:

Obviously this comment was posted as a tongue-in-cheek remark, as any parenting-relsated thread on here always attracts such “holier than thou” remarks … usually always from those with no children

damo2576
    Free Member

If you are considering having children you really ought to consider how you are going to look after them full time before you concieve.

We did and the combination of nursery, au pair and creche at the Gym has worked out great!

rkk01
    Free Member

We have a family membership (not JL), where the kids work out about £17/month each. This includes and “after school club” type facility, which is included in the mebership, as is swimming, junior sports clubs etc.

Difficult / not cost effective below 5 yrs, as the creche (3 months – 5 yrs) makes an additional charge over and above membership)

For the non-parents whingeing about whingeing parents – well it’s a pretty much captive market for the gym operators. Many people are limited to before / after work for gym usage, and these are the times of day before / after normal childcare provision.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

In laymans terms “if you shoot your fat, you pay the price”

rkk01
    Free Member

Because everything stays the same, doesn’t it…?!

Stupidest thing so far today 🙄

brakes
    Free Member

how much do the lockers cost? can’t you just put your kid in there with some Wotsits and a Barbie sticker-book?

DrP

how much do the lockers cost? can’t you just put your kid in there with some Wotsits and a Barbie sticker-book?

Apparently they only fit in them until they are about 18 months old, hence the new predicament….

DrP

cheekyboy
    Free Member

With a name like drP can we assume you have some medical knowledge, just medicate `em for a few hours.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Ok, can we all now please stop taking this comment seriously …

crankboy
    Free Member

I’m only a year in to being a Dad but can’t see what you need a Gym for. What with all the lifting bending carrying and throwing in the air,it feels like i’ve been to the gym every day since Crankbrat was born.

nwgiles

rkk01 – Member

Stupidest thing so far today

nope

David Lloyd is run by Gays

anonymouse
    Free Member

I’m only a year in to being a Dad but can’t see what you need a Gym for. What with all the lifting bending carrying and throwing in the air,it feels like i’ve been to the gym every day since Crankbrat was born.

Gym bunnies.

DrP

The gym’s not for me – I keep my guns in shape by lifting cars and bench pressing fallen trees…..

MrsDrP has her heart set on joining a local gym (step/aerobics classes mostly).

Any ideas on what Virgin Gyms are like? Will they keep my unwanted child in order until he’s 18, or will I have to release the au pair from the dungeon again?

DrP

binners

Erm…. I can’t believe I’m the first one to be asking this, but…. 2.5 yrs old? Why isn’t he darn’t pit?

wwaswas

David Lloyd is run by Gays

DrP

Binners – you know I’m a Southerner! We swapped all our mines for Ferris wheels and candy floss…..

DrP

rewski
    Free Member

Do you still have to pay if they’re strapped to your back in rucksack?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I used to go to a proper gym before I moved area and joined David Lloyd.

Oh dear, no sweating heavily, no grunting, no ‘vests’…the place was a joke. 🙄

Cougar

… and the blokes were no better.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Virgin Gyms- I think we pay a tenner a month per child, can use the creche every day should you wish for a maximum 4 hours all included in the price, max age for kids is 16 years old.

You have to book in advance an if it´s full then it´s full )this tends to be Holidays and weekends) but for the money I can´t complain.

There is a David Lloyd closer to us but has already been mentioned, their clubs are expensive, souless, **** crap.

footflaps

My gym has lockers which fit kids of all ages…

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Gym costs for toddlers – blimey!!’ is closed to new replies.