Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Gyles Brandreth
  • Kryton57

Not on my radar and only remembered him from silly jumper time in my younger days, but he appeared yesterday as an after dinner speaker at a lunch I was add.

He was exceedingly funny, very witty and intelligent with some very close to the knuckle humour, several people were laughing tears, including me – absolutely brilliant.

I never knew he spent some time unsuccessfully as an MP either.

prawny

Does my nut in on QI.

Seems amusing enough, but always assumed he’d be a bit of a tit

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I like him on QI.

He’s an over the top waffler, because that’s his shtick to infuriate people. But he sucks up the inevitable abuse in good humour, without any rancour.

chiefgrooveguru

He is very good on Just A Minute.

mt
    Free Member

I like him, reckon he’s be good laugh on a night out at the pub.

Very funny on the radio in “just a minute”, winds the others up but as above takes there crap in good heart.

For an ex Tory MP he’s funny, perhaps he should have been foreign secretary.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

As mentioned above,he’s very good on Just a minute.

Junkyard
    Free Member

entertaining raconteur
    Politics as bad as his jumpers

RustySpanner

Love JAM when someone actually gets to him – the mask slips a bit and we can see exactly what lies beneath.

At least it stops Susan Calman banging on about her bloody cats.

aracer
    Free Member

What determines success as an MP? He appears to have had a private members bill pass into law, which is probably more than most MPs manage.

rOcKeTdOg

seen his live show, was expecting to be bored but it was a very good show and boy the old guy has some stamina!

PrinceJohn

Thought he was another victim of 2016 for a second when I saw the post

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Thought he was another victim of 2016 for a second when I saw the post

I must admit that was my first thought!

Onzadog
    Free Member

I saw the title and thought it was swear filter avoidance.

deadkenny
    Free Member

RIP… oh wait. Not yet 😛

He’s funny, but can be annoying and he does jump to the wrong conclusions on some quiz shows while sounding smug that he knows the answer. He knows a lot of shit though. He’s like Fry, knows a lot of shit. Useless shit maybe, but a lot of it 😀

ChrisL

I enjoy his contributions to Just a Minute, particularly when both he and Paul Merton are in a competitive mood. I saw him at the Fringe last year and he was pretty good but not exceptional. It may have been the particular show he was doing though, I’d consider seeing him again depending on what his next show’s about.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Met at a couple of industry dinners. Very clever and unlike many othes knew the industry he was speaking to (or at least had done enough homework..) terrible bad though…. sandy toxvic (sp) same plus she had to stand on a box…

mudshark
    Free Member

What’s not to like

CountZero

cynic-al
    Free Member

Mostly find him irritating, predictable radio 4 lazy humour.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Gyles Brandreth’ is closed to new replies.