Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • GXP Direct mount chainrings
  • Rockplough
    Free Member

Was running 1×10 on the old bike and will be doing the same to the new one. As it happens the new bike has direct mount compatible GXP cranks.

Seems like my choice is pretty much wolf tooth vs absolute black vs raceface. They all come in about the same price. Any practical differences between them, experiences etc?

everyone
    Free Member

I like the absoluteblack ones but then I’m a massive tart and they look really nice. Light as well.

robj20
    Free Member

Have an absoluteblack on mine as well.

hatter

Wolf Tooth here, bloody lovely thing.

The clever tooth profile does seem to help it shed mud as well.

Conan257
    Free Member

Absolute Black user here with no dropped chains so far.

rusty90
    Free Member
    c_klein87

absolute black here, may as well go oval whilst you’re at it 😉

DanW
    Free Member

Would you like my Absolute Black 32T GXP direct mount? Only surplus to requirements as I am oval-curious 😀

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Had absolute black 28t and was excellent – now have carbon ti 28t it is fabulous

Rockplough
    Free Member

Thanks Dan but I’ll run a 30t.

happybiker
    Free Member

If you’re trying to get rid of yours Dan I’m interested. Can you email me a pic please.

chris_db
    Free Member

Works components do them too, I have a 32t on my hard tail and it is jolly nice. And british.

DanW
    Free Member

Happybiker- Will do in the morning when the light is better 😀

DanW
    Free Member

They’ve gotten expensive on the AB site… £46! 😯 £20 posted any good to you 😀

aardvarkissues
    Free Member

More Works Components here – bought one, now got them on all three of my bikes! Doubt theres much difference between any of them though to be fair, just like buying British stuff where I can.

monkeyboyjc

NSB here – it’s not a narrow wide ring, rather 7% thicker on every tooth. I don’t run a chain device and I’ve not dropped the chain yet. Also a lot cheaper than most of the others.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘GXP Direct mount chainrings’ is closed to new replies.