Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Guylines – any recommendations for a reel?
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

I’m needing to replace the guy lines on my big tent so need a lot of it. Any recommendations? Flourescent would be ideal.

headfirst
    Free Member

google shopping is your friend?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Google shopping gives me https://www.google.co.uk/#q=guy+line&tbm=shop, all of which looks like cheap crap. Now to get back on track has anyone got a recommendation for a reel of decent quality guy line? 🙄

headfirst
    Free Member

Isn’t the first result good/expensive enough?

glupton1976
    Free Member

A – it’s not flourescent,
    B – it’s not on a reel,
    C – it’s 3mm so quite thin,
    D – if you have nothing helpful to add get off of the thread.
    E – Ah – that’s better – bit quieter now. 😀

headfirst
    Free Member

1. It seems to have a fluorescent weave through it
    2. Whether its on a reel or not will make no difference to its effectiveness in doing the job or not. A reel will only add to postage costs.
    3. Thickness of the rope is not a good indication of its strength. Read the spec of it.
    4. I will leave this thread when I want to. Which is now.

headfirst
    Free Member

5. I reserve the right to return when it pleases me.

tonyplym
    Free Member

This company sell it by the 30m reel.

CountZero

Look around for 550 paracord, in appropriate colours I bought 100ft of dayglo orange, with a reflective thread through it for my tent last year, to replace the red paracord it came with. Ideal, nice and bright in daylight, and you can see the tent 100m away in the dark, with a good torch. Not sure if I bookmarked it, I’ll have a shufti.
    [edit] I got mine from eBay! but dx.com do it here:
    http://dx.com/p/reflective-multi-purpose-paracord-nylon-rope-cord-orange-red-105664
    Note: fluorescent is no good in the dark, you need the reflective thread as well, fluorescent makes it easier for clumsy muppets to avoid tripping over the lines in broad daylight.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Guylines – any recommendations for a reel?’ is closed to new replies.