I'm needing to replace the guy lines on my big tent so need a lot of it. Any recommendations? Flourescent would be ideal.
Guylines - any recommendations for a reel?
google shopping is your friend?
Isn't the first result good/expensive enough?
A - it's not flourescent,
B - it's not on a reel,
C - it's 3mm so quite thin,
D - if you have nothing helpful to add get off of the thread.
E - Ah - that's better - bit quieter now.
1. It seems to have a fluorescent weave through it
2. Whether its on a reel or not will make no difference to its effectiveness in doing the job or not. A reel will only add to postage costs.
3. Thickness of the rope is not a good indication of its strength. Read the spec of it.
4. I will leave this thread when I want to. Which is now.
5. I reserve the right to return when it pleases me.
Look around for 550 paracord, in appropriate colours I bought 100ft of dayglo orange, with a reflective thread through it for my tent last year, to replace the red paracord it came with. Ideal, nice and bright in daylight, and you can see the tent 100m away in the dark, with a good torch. Not sure if I bookmarked it, I'll have a shufti.
 I got mine from eBay! but dx.com do it here:
Note: fluorescent is no good in the dark, you need the reflective thread as well, fluorescent makes it easier for clumsy muppets to avoid tripping over the lines in broad daylight.
This topic has been closed to new replies.