Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Guy swearing all the time at work-ignore or tell him to learn some manners?
  • zaskar
    Free Member

Ok I have an extra job working in a bike shop on weekends and I pull my weight, early, leave last and always selling etc.

Thing is the cycle supervisor is constantly moaning at everyone and swearing all the time-not just me but all.

Starting to annoy me really. Shop Manager says thats how he is and ignore him as he gets stressed. I told him I won't be spoken to like that (I spend 15 mins with one customer instead 5 mins for a big sale and get told I'm taking too f*cking long pi$$ing around with one customer when nobody was in the shop.

I don't mind making mistakes and being told off but I'm not lowering myself to swear back. And fed of watching him take the pi$$ out of mentally challenged lad for his nose and cross eyes etc.

Don't want to get him in trouble but would it be wrong to tell not to speak to me like that again and learn some manners!

MTFU right?

Grrr!

tails
    Free Member

yeah mtfu i reckon or tell him to **** off.

stompy

I'm with tails…… there are alot of pr**ks like him in the world. MTFU and stand up for yourself.

zaskar
    Free Member

MTFU Grrrr!

Thought I got rid of anger through Budhism but I'm seething mad!

Thanks for the advice guys.

mboy
    Free Member

MTFU for sure… Ask him politely, but sternly to mind his language when speaking to you, and not to take the piss out of your colleagues behind their back, as it offends you. If he carries on after this, well then you can escalate it as at least you've done something about it previously.

OR… Just ignore the miserable bugger, sadly too many people in life are just like him. Be safe in the knowledge that you're not going to be one of them, and knowing that you're better than him and will achieve a great deal more in your life no doubt.

zaskar
    Free Member

I'm just going to tell him not to use that sort of language with me or anyone and just ignore the guy.

I'm no snob but I treat others equally and it took me off guard as I've hadn't that experience in years.

I understand people get stressed but I'm no punchbag.

Think I'll go service my bike.

Thanks again for the advice everyone. 😀

mboy
    Free Member

I've forgotten how to be a quick sarcastic bloke without being angry.

LOL

I'm the opposite!

ton

where is the bike shop…..
    i wil come in and have a quiet word with him if you want….. 😉

zaskar
    Free Member

I guess I was just fed up of sticking up for the kids who work there-constantly bullied and then he tried it on me when I was off guard with a customer. Same guy steals bonus transactions off people etc but not me as I told him where to go.

Caught off guard by a bully and it won't happen again!

MTFU MTFU MTFU!!!

zaskar
    Free Member

LOL@Ton!

There goes the Budhism lessons of inner peace!

Grrrr!

Assertive cap on.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah, tell him to get stuffed, in a polite, calm, non-sweary way. I once did this to someone who was having a major fit at me and he asked me who the f..k I thought I was. I told him I was someone who didn't like being sworn at, turned on my heel and walked off. It does work sometimes!

zaskar
    Free Member

Hope so!

No need for it and I don't stand for anyone being bullied.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Is it a Marzocchi dealer? If so, two words.

Bombers

Owned

zaskar
    Free Member

😀

Sorry has to be legal…Hmm!

Speshpaul

Everytime he swears at you say C**T, if he questions you just say well you started it.

Or just do what everyone else does and store it all up for either the xmas drink or your last day.

GilesDrake
    Free Member

Speshpaul makes a good point, not much tops "C**T" and it sounds like the guy doesn't have the brain power to come up with something creative enough to beat it.

It's likely that the only way he'll stop it is if he gets called on it so your probably gonna have to sack up and give him both barrels.

project
    Free Member

Had a similar thing in a local builders merchants where one of the staff decided to be obnoxious and a prat,so one day as i was carrying a length of 8 x 4 inch timber out,i heard him giving me shit,so i accidently swung round,and his head came into contact with the plank,luckily the plank wasnt damaged,as id just paid for it,result instant respect.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Is it the use of naughty words that offends you or the fact that he is criticizing you unfairly? Honestly, you could tell me to s*** the f*** off right up my c***ing f***hole and it wouldnt bother me in the slightest.

They are only words. Or asterisks. If it's unjustified though, f*** his s*** up.

Sillyoldhector
    Free Member

Had a similar thing in a local builders merchants where one of the staff decided to be obnoxious and a prat,so one day as i was carrying a length of 8 x 4 inch timber out,i heard him giving me shit,so i accidently swung round,and his head came into contact with the plank,luckily the plank wasnt damaged,as id just paid for it,result instant respect.

If you can carry a length of 8×4 timber long enough to clunk someone round the head then you deserve instant respect!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

mboy – Member

MTFU for sure… Ask him politely, but sternly to mind his language when speaking to you, and not to take the piss out of your colleagues behind their back, as it offends you. If he carries on after this, well then you can escalate it as at least you've done something about it previously.

Thats the way I would edeal with it.

Tell him not to be such an obnoxious **** and if he rips the piss from the disabled guy again you will report him –

Unacceptable behaviour

project
    Free Member

Silly old Hector,carry it on your shoulder,and then as hes is in front of you pretend somebody shouts you from behind, then swing the plank slowly,or you may well kill him,and thats not good,just fast enough to give him a smack/shock.

Dont forget to offer profuse apologies as well.

mandog

I think Speshpaul has the best idea.

There's no point being polite, the douche bag only understands one thing and that's swearing.

You have to speak his language for him to understand.

and tell him you'll stab him if he disses you again,

Olly
    Free Member

when no customers are around in the shop, but all the rest of the staff are, as hes "offending" again, you or anyone else, Hulk out and tell him how it is in no uncertain terms.

(verbally) rip him to shreds, make him feel like the lowest of the low, so he has to start from square one.

rapid, no mercy blaze of blitzkreig, so he doesnt have a chance to get a word in edgeways.

zaskar
    Free Member

I didn't have to do anything today as some customer has written in about the behaviour as she wasn't impressed at how he was swearing at the 'challenged' lad. 😀 hey she beat me to it!

The manager did ask the staff how they felt/what they see (he is pals with the guy) and everyone basically said they were sick of him!

I've never seen him so polite as today!

I did MTFU though and won't let him do it to anyone again. I'm only there part time and only imagine what he says to the kids-I won't tolerate bullying to anyone!

Thanks alot to everyone here-the kick up the rear helped alot! 😀

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Guy swearing all the time at work-ignore or tell him to learn some manners?’ is closed to new replies.