• This topic has 38 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by WTF.
Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Guy Martin Proper Van
  • MrGrim

Anyone else seen this?

The Ford Van Sport website appears to have crashed. Related to Guy or not i’m unsure. I’m unsure from the picture if this is a transit with some extra trim and chunky tyres of if there has been major re-tinkering. If it’s the latter i’m interested if the price isn’t stupid.

https://guymartinracing.co.uk/brand-new-guy-martin-proper-van/

BoardinBob

Link refuses to work for me

ThePinkster

Is it just me or does that photo make Guy look tiny?

martinhutch

“I want it to look understated but cool, without screaming at you…”

?

MrGrim

7k + VAT and that front end….i’m out!

ThePinkster

Now I’ve seen the rest of the photos, F me it’s ugly from the front.

allfankledup

A van for those not wanting to use multistorey car parks

Jamie
    Free Member

martinhutch

It does look like a van designed by a truck mechanic though.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I think it looks better from the front than from the side.

Not many places with mountainbiking direct from a multistory …..

bikebouy
    Free Member

Gross.

Why make it look angry ?

Honestly, designers of vehicles these days just want to threaten other road users.

allfankledup

trail_rat – Member
    I think it looks better from the front than from the side.

Not many places with mountainbiking direct from a multistory …..

Glasgow – although it ismostly for Cathkin Braes/ Carron Valley after work

spooky_b329

You don’t get much for your £7k+ do you?

They’ve made the ugly big Transit even uglier…if they are aiming it at blokes who are putting motorbikes in the back and sleeping in it, they should’ve put a sliding door in the bulkhead and two single seats in the front rather than that silly little hatch under the front double seat. Then added optional rear headlining/side trim/lighting from a minibus or cab-in-van variant

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

4×4 has been an option on Transits for a while, it’s not cheap though, adds about £10k!

They’ve made the ugly big Transit even uglier…if they are aiming it at blokes who are putting motorbikes in the back and sleeping in it, they should’ve put a sliding door in the bulkhead and two single seats in

I’ve never really seen what advantage removing the double seat has?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Transits , sprinters , dailys all have 4*4 varients and all are much more prevalent in the continent or the states/Canada. Saw heaps of sprinters in BC and heaps of dailys in the Alps.

Tbh I’d settle for a diff lock in the rear axle at a lesser cost would be 90%as useful.

Agreed Tina’s esp if transporting heavy stuff . Removing bulkheads and fitting captains chairs is not a great idea imo. I’ve considered y but then I was shown some photos of a camper that had crashed at50 and saw where the furniture ended up…..

I like the idea of a hatch though. Also like the fold down double seat that’s in my dad’s nv400.

Marin
    Free Member

7 grand seems pretty cheap to me for brand new van or am I reading this wrong. I don’t care what it looks like it’s way you can do to the inside and where you can go in it. Anybody want to buy a t4?

Marin
    Free Member

Ooh it’s the pimping that costs 7 grand? T4 not for sale. Apologies if I have got this completely wrong.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Is it just me or does that photo make Guy look tiny?

It makes the Transit look like what it is, too big a van with too little a payload.

somouk
    Free Member
    trail_rat
    Free Member

Average Transit payloads mostly limited by modern licensing.

You can buy em with MAM plated weight.most folk don’t because they would need to do c1 license and it limits resale. Most folk just overload the 3500MAM vehicle.

nealglover
    Free Member

But it’s got “Matt silver painted air vents”

Not having those is one of the main reasons I don’t sleep in my van more.

I’m in!

m0rk
    Free Member

500! That’s ambitious.

20 tops

TheDTs
    Free Member

The poke through hatch in the bulkhead is standard on most transits isn’t it?
    So for £7k
    You are getting:-
    Changed seat covers (They re cover the originals at the dealer)
    Some Decals
    A different grille
    Some different tyres and wheels.
    A few personalisation bits inside..Logo’s here and there.
    Doesn’t seem like great value to me.

nealglover
    Free Member

Don’t forget the Matt silver painted air vents!!!

P-Jay
    Free Member

The poke through hatch in the bulkhead is standard on most transits isn’t it?
    So for £7k
    You are getting:-
    Changed seat covers (They re cover the originals at the dealer)
    Some Decals
    A different grille
    Some different tyres and wheels.
    A few personalisation bits inside..Logo’s here and there.
    Doesn’t seem like great value to me.

Pretty much, what’s the extra cost for a Sportline transporter? I don’t think even VW what £7k for some bumpers and trim.

tang
    Free Member

Built in hand wipe dispenser for post bedtime weasel bleeding?

spooky_b329

Double seats are non adjustable and quite upright/short seat squab to allow the bulkhead to be as far forward as possible. Not the comfiest seats, and if you want to get from front to back you need a gap between the seats.

He wanted access from the back into the front, which makes you think you can at least lean through to grab something off the dash…there is no access at all that I can see.

Most of our company vans are specced with a single passenger seat now, they don’t even have a walk through but its a nice spot to put your bag/lunch/a small fridge.

scotroutes

500! That’s ambitious.

20 tops
    They’ll add some Orange Bikes stickers to the rest and bump the price up another couple of £k. That’ll shift them.

bedmaker

Bit pricy for some chunky trim n whatnot!

Transits , sprinters , dailys all have 4*4 varients and all are much more prevalent in the continent or the states/Canada. Saw heaps of sprinters in BC and heaps of dailys in the Alps.

Tbh I’d settle for a diff lock in the rear axle at a lesser cost would be 90%as useful.

Chunky tyres are a pretty small part of the equation…Fords torque vectoring thingy makes it drive great on the road but allegedly useless as soon as one wheel slips.

I specced Grip control as an extra on my Peugeot expert, kind of an electronic lsd. It’s really very good off road for 2wd. Comes with Michelin M+S as part of the package.

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ve never really seen what advantage removing the double seat has?

Id say because they are generally massively uncomfortable. A single seat is adjustable and a far better option for a passenger.

But mainly it’s done for access between front and rear. And if they had done a sliding door in the bulkhead, and twin single seats in the front, this would be a way more useful van for what’s described by GM as how he uses it.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Does anyone want to buy any GM knock off stickers, only £50+vat per set.
    I’ll send GM a teabag for every set I sell.

cozz
    Free Member

i like it, I’ve just bought a new transit like that, same model

might convince me to put alloys and BF Goodrich tyres on it

Tracey

We have them wheels. Came as standard on the camper and the Tourneo Connect. You would have thought that Ford offered an option. They are a bit grannyish.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Cozz, want to buy some stickers?
    Guy needs TEA!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Fords torque vectoring thingy makes it drive great on the road but allegedly useless as soon as one wheel slips.

First step to getting me mates transit off wet grass or up a snowy hill is to pull the esp fuse.

Second is to dab the brakes as you feel the wheel spin

wrightyson
    Free Member

I can vouch for standard front wheel drive transits being absolutely shit if it’s ever snowy/muddy

unovolo
    Free Member

Christ that looks grim from the front, reminds me of a pig straining to curl one out.
    “Proper sh!te”.

WTF
    Free Member

Buyers will also get a limited-edition Guy Martin gift pack, and each van will be numbered with a piece of the actual wall of death that Martin used to set a new world record speed of 112mph.

Worth every penny for that alone! 🙂
    I’m sure Guy has first one for free so fair play to him.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Guy Martin Proper Van’ is closed to new replies.