• This topic has 14 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by pnik.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Guy Martin -modern day Forest Gump ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Now before anyone slates me I think he’s great and I admire his positive attitude wish I could be like that and I’d love to share a beer with him.

Love his tv programs

Sometimes I feel he is exploited by tv a bit like FG was.

Am I a million miles off ?

BobaFatt
    Free Member

He’s making money and gets to live his dreams – I’d take their exploitation by the bucket load

bodgy
    Free Member

He does this because he wants to. Fair play.

https://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpa6v1BMnO0

gastromonkey
    Free Member

I don’t think he’s daft and I bet he turns down loads of rubbish ideas that could make him look like an idiot. Some of his most recent shows haven’t been great, mistly following the same format. But his India and China programmes have been good.

I’ll continue to watch his shows.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I see him as sort of a modern day Fred Dibnah, you can tell he’s really interested almost fascinated in the things he’s doing in his tv programs which I think helps make them better to watch.

I get the impression he probably only does the stuff he’s actually interested in as he still seems happy to work on trucks than have a full time tv career so doesn’t seem exploited to me.

bikebouy
    Free Member

He’s fit, centred and grounded. He follows his dreams and ideals, doesn’t take to fools gladly and with an intrinsic aptitude of humour.

Whilst he may sometimes come across as misjudged or misaligned in the world of TV, he’s true to himself and his own ideals.

Few in this world come close to reaching 50% of anything he’s achieved.

aP
    Free Member

Might he be a part owner of the production company?
    Because he really should be.

fin25
    Free Member

I remember watching a show he did years ago where he was doing up a canal boat and exploring loads of Victorian engineering. Made a tin of beans to a Victorian set of standards and processes. The whole show was basically a total waste of time, but his enthusiasm and curiosity made it great to watch.
    I don’t think he’s being exploited, I think he’s very good at projecting his enthusiasm and curiosity, and channel 4 have given him a vehicle to share it. Yeah, not everything he does is great and the narrations are getting a bit OTT but I’d rather watch him try and fail to cycle a balloon over the channel than most of the shite on TV.
    Definitely more Dibnah than Gump, and long may he continue.

fasthaggis

Am I a million miles off ?

usually

richpips
    Free Member

I admire his positive attitude wish I could be like that

Let’s leave that there then eh?

mefty
    Free Member

Rick Stein is better in my view.

sefton
    Free Member

Modern day fred d!

matt_outandabout

Does this mean he is off to war soon?

pnik

Did i miss something but isn’t Forrest Gump a fictional character, Guy Martin exists. He’s a classic british eccentric.

Happy he gets to have a go at what he fancies having a go at.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Guy Martin -modern day Forest Gump ?’ is closed to new replies.