Viewing 25 posts - 121 through 145 (of 145 total)
  • Guy Martin – Hovercraft (contains spoilers)
  • Jamie
    Free Member

I’m surprised he’s still got the energy to brew his own tea.

I think you may be worrying unnecessarily.

I wonder what these women see in this dashingly good looking motorbike racer with his own TV show.

Houns

That doesn’t wash his pants for 5 days

ddmonkey

I’m not worried I’m not worried. Actually I am worried. 🙂

Kryton57

that tall lass came running over crying when he crashed for eg. ‘Oh Guy’ she was hot for him clearly.

And then he ignored her, and just kept banging on about the fact he’d scratched his helmet. Buts thats just it, on the surface he’s transparantly more interested in that, the bikes etc than women. Which goes full circle to why they are attracted to him.

Mind you I’ve been ignoring Mrs K for years in favor of bikes and it hasn’t helped much.

DezB
    Free Member

banging on about the fact he’d scratched his helmet

#strangest

jonnouk
    Free Member

Buts thats just it, on the surface he’s transparantly more interested in that, the bikes etc than women.

Some lads love sh@gging, I don’t like sh@gging. I don’t mind it, but I’m not into it. I’d rather just go and ride me motorbikes or me pushbikes.

jfletch
    Free Member

That would have given him a few more mph

I suspect the crash put pay to us seeing them going for more speed with things like a propper push start and maybe wheel fairings etc.

They’d only just beaten the record, I’d bet they through with a bit more ballast, some aero and a faster start they could hit a ton, but then Guy staked it in spectacular fashion so the tele show was done, record beaten, dramatic finale. The story of rebuilding it to hit 100 can wait for another day.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Watched the one where he helps to rebuild a Spitfire last night. Not sure if it was a repeat but guess it was. Seeing a BMW getting shot to pieces with a 50 caliber machine gun was definitely the highlight for me. Would like to do that on an almost daily basis.

mudmonster
    Free Member

…..with the driver still inside 👿

rickmeister

….. and the indicators working

Defender
    Free Member

For me it’s just good old fashioned TV, entertaining, informative and educating.
    Personally I’d like to see a bit more of the engineering behind each build, but that me and might bore others and put them off.
    Guy’s a real bloke, up for a challenge and doing stuff we’d love to do but can’t or won’t.

robdob
    Free Member

The thing about Guy is that he loves being a truck mechanic – he has said so many times. That’s what he calls himself and that’s what he will always do.
    He has gained fame in the motorbike world for being chuffin fast. He doesn’t care what other people think about him so he still has his own character and persona and doesn’t change it to suit a sponsor or copy other “famous” people. In a stroke of luck that seems to translate well to being on TV too He has since been able to do things with this fame he wouldn’t otherwise have ever been able to do. I would say it’s all worthwhile to say you’ve piloted a Spitfire for a few seconds!

jimjam
    Free Member

robdob

The thing about Guy is that he loves being a truck mechanic – he has said so many times. That’s what he calls himself and that’s what he will always do.

He must have a very understanding boss, or very understanding customers down’t garage. He doesn’t live in the average truck mechanics house anymore. Or have their lifestyle.

Fair play to him though all the same, seems a genuine bloke.

michaelbowden

He must have a very understanding boss

His Dad!

terrahawk
    Free Member

His Dad!

not for a few years now.

ska-49
    Free Member

The sort of celebrity kids should have as a roll model.
    I love that they try and get cycling incorporated into each episode.
    He makes entertaining viewing. Great chap.

Harry_the_Spider

The only negative I can think of is that people will start talking like him, talking like him. Eh Jase? 😉

Proper.

terrahawk
    Free Member

mega. MEGA

Harry_the_Spider

You’re the boy. The Boy.

No messing.

mudmonster
    Free Member

I’m surprised he didn’t try to sneek some orange or hope logo’s onto the Spitfire.

brakes
    Free Member

chuffin maaarvlous.
    maybe they could make two versions of each episode in a ‘choose your own adventure’ style.
    one with the entertainment bits and one with more techy bits.

one thing that would have been great to see is a recording of the full run either from a following motorbike, a cart-cam or helichopper.

martinhutch

Had to laugh at Gogglebox last night – one of their motley crew described him as looking like ‘a young Fred West’. 🙂

sadexpunk

Had to laugh at Gogglebox last night – one of their motley crew described him as looking like ‘a young Fred West’.

haha i spose he does really 😀

martinhutch

And the posh drunk couple couldn’t understand a word he was saying.

zippykona

Managed to watch it last night. He is a legend. Hope he got lucky with the French girl.

Viewing 25 posts - 121 through 145 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘Guy Martin – Hovercraft (contains spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.