Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Guy MArtin around Britain -4802 miles
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

“If I finish before 5am Christmas morning I’ll have broken the record”

I guess he’s already started!

[video]https://youtu.be/nwuaLHf-Mes[/video]

pictonroad

What an outstanding human. “Only time we can get off work”. What do the other lads at the truck garage do in their holidays I wonder?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I do hope he’s not riding the Coastal Path…
    What is the route? In some areas the cycle route is well inland.

blader1611
    Free Member

Didn’t Sean Conway do something similar as part of his ultra triathlon?

grenosteve
    Free Member

I was wondering if there’s a solid route he has to follow, or if he has to ride close to the coast using roads, and the total just needs to be over 4802 miles??

Either way, that’s one hell of a challenge! Good luck to him.

Houns

Round the coast of England? Ha!

Terrahawk are you going to be pacing him at any points?

bikebouy
    Free Member

😆

Ha, you’ve got to think like Guy to understand why he’s doing these events, why he’s pushing. I think there’s more to it than just breaking this record I get the feeling there’s a deep seated feeling he has at the moment.

Glad to hear he’s back on Motorbikes racing next year too, that’ll be good to see again.

Clearly he’s started this, I wonder if there’s a TV crew following him? If so, I do hope that the Producer doesn’t focus on clips with “ey up”, “proper” and mugs of tea, there’s more to this than that.

Good lad, best of luck.

mickyfinn
    Free Member

Sean Conway Cycled a fair bit of it as part of his Ultra Trithalon but entirely self-supported and where possible within 1 mile of the coast. different circumstances to what Guy is attempting. Both are uber brilliant an inspirational people.

thepodge
    Free Member

I watched his China thing last night and although he’s way more capable than I am, I’m not sure I’d feel comfortable claiming to have broken a cycling record when he’s seen drafting a huge truck and the camera car at numerous points.

mickyfinn
    Free Member

Do you think other people doing the same attempt wouldn’t take advantage of drafting where possible? It’s an open road record so I’d say do what you will.

Houns

You best not watch he land speed record attempt then

spacey
    thepodge
    Free Member

Not really in the spirit of things is it? why not just set it up so you are drafting all the time, you’d smash the record that way.

Fastest man to pedal (with the assistance of a Range Rover wind break) across a desert doesn’t really have the same ring to it

Merlinman

Already a thread on this – so closing this one!

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/guy-martins-latest-challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Guy MArtin around Britain -4802 miles’ is closed to new replies.