• This topic has 22 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by birky.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Guy Martin another big crash :-( seems ok but very shaken
  • simondbarnes

Phew, thought this was a new one, not the one from Sunday.

postierich
    Free Member

only just came up on my FB feed !!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DezB
    Free Member

Saw the crash yesterday, and a different interview by Craig Doyle. Must be awkward asking the same things twice over? Guy seemed much calmer (if he can ever be calm) on the itv4 interview.

RustyMac

better link

mcmoonter
    Free Member

First time I’ve ever seen him shaken, very lucky to walk away from that.

simmy
    Free Member

Just seen on Twitter that a rider called Davey Lambert has passed away following a crash yesterday.

Rest in peace.

nickewen
    Free Member

Just heard the news about Davey Lambert as well. He was a local Gateshead lad from the same town I live in. Such an incredibly dangerous sport. Rest In Peace.

Jamie
    Free Member

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Amazing ! Literally jumping off the bike at 130mph. Just shows how their brains are switched on to operating at much higher speeds than the average 😯

Watty

Very sad news about Dave Lambert, it really is an amazing thing they all do.
    Guy was lucky, both him and Twelvetrees looked incredibly awkward in their interview, I’m with Parrish and don’t think he’ll ride in the Senior.

salad_dodger

Very sad about Lambo.

Can’t imaging Guy will ride the Honda again – how can he trust it to work after failing so badly last time out and also causing McPints big crash?

craig24
    Free Member

Terribly sad news about Lambo, such a dangerous sport but at the same time an incredible sport.

Looks like thats it for Guy this year. Wonder if he will return again?

oldracer
    Free Member

F me…he really did look shook up..

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I like Guy but I’ve always thought that he just hasn’t quite got what it takes to be a winner. Not in riding skills but just in the way his head is wired up if that makes sense. “Closer to the edge” is a good example of what i mean. I hope he’ll call it a day before he really hurts himself.

1981miked
    Free Member

I’m with Rockhopper on this, I like Guy a lot, speaks his mind and not usually afraid to go against the grain if the bike isn’t right. I think he has had to choose his words wisely in regards to the Blade’s performance and issues. He knew it was a crap bike and was seriously lacking track time and had too many issues. John’s NW200 crash proved they have no idea what it is or isn’t capable of, looks like there is a big hush hush going on at Honda this year.

If they let Guy ride I think a serious crash is on the cards! Guy is a talented racer for sure but he admitted himself he lets his mind wander when on the track, that’s something you can’t do whilst hustling a 200bhp super bike round the TT course.

My heart was in my mouth watching him on the start line. He was VERY luck to walk away from that crash.

Honda should have ran the previous model Blade this year and worked on the new bike for next year.

peterno51

Don’t think Guy jumped, looks like he was punted off by the bike from a bump/landing.

That Honda certainly looks troubled.

Shred
    Free Member

Honda seems to be getting worse as both the Padgets Hondas pulled out of the SuperStock race after one lap.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Don’t think Guy jumped

He said he did in the interview. Bike went in to neutral, so no engine breaking, case of bail out or continue with bike in to big crash.

scotroutes

Jochem van den Hoek and Alan Bonner both passed away today too. 😥

convert

What’s the rough number of riders annually in the TT? Just trying to get my head around if 3 (or 4 last year) is a lot or comparatively less terrible than it sounds.

Trekster

“Rockhopper – Member
    I like Guy but I’ve always thought that he just hasn’t quite got what it takes to be a winner. Not in riding skills but just in the way his head is wired up if that makes sense. “Closer to the edge” is a good example of what i mean. I hope he’ll call it a day before he really hurts himself.”

I was in the company of a gent from Ireland last week who has hosted Guy and his team on a regular basis. The guys son raced/races with the same team as the Dunlops(Tyco days). In his opinion Guy should not be racing ie “he has a screw loose/has lost it” and is becoming a danger to himself!!!!!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Guy Martin another big crash :-( seems ok but very shaken’ is closed to new replies.