Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Gutted – cove hustler frame cracked after 3 rides post build
  • cide10
    Free Member

Hi all,

I have a 2008 Cove hustler. Spent 3 months rebuilding it and having it sprayed (whilst recovering from a broken wrist). Somehow the swing arm fractured on my 3rd ride out after finishing the project. So much time, love, sweat, blood and money had gone into building it up and im gutted.

I know that these frames can crack at the seat tube but not heard of the chain stay, so if anyone has a spare swing arm or a full frame for sale, message me. Details in my profile.

Thanks

Craig

Northwind

I did a total rebuild on my Hemlock, got the frame anodised, new everything bar the frame pretty much. 3rd ride, it broke- 2 practice sessions and one race day. Gutted is not the word is it!

So I fixed it and it’s awesome.

chiefgrooveguru

You have to wonder if those Hemlocks were a little under-built, despite your massive racing weight… 😉

Northwind

I don’t think Cy had endurance downhill racing in mind when he built it tbh 😆

LoCo
    Free Member

Mates one snapped twice on seat tube, second time my next door neighbour welded it up for him and been going well for last 2 years.

jwr

Craig: I have a similar vintage medium-sized Hustler frame sitting unused. I’ll send you an email later with details.

cide10
    Free Member

Cheers for feedback and information. It is gutting for sure! Jwr, cheers!

gamo
    Free Member

Got a Large minus the shock.
    And a broken wrist 🙁

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Ygm I hope.

highlandman
    Free Member

There’s a black 2008 M in the back of my shed, broken top tube, rest of it is fine. Sold the shock a while back so the remains are just scrap.
    The rear triangle and rocker could be recycled easily, let me know if you want anything off it. It’ll cost you postage from Dundee plus equivalent of one beer.

cide10
    Free Member

Highland man. That sounds awesome. The 2 rear sections would be perfect (swing arm and chain stay). My email is in my profile so drop me an email and we can go from there. Will defo sort you a beer of three.

highlandman
    Free Member

cide10 : YGM… If I’ve understood your hotmail address correctly.
    I’d also broken an original 2004 Hustler before that one, an early 120mm rear travel frame that snapped halfway down the seat tube where the rocker pivot attached with welded on sideplates.

cide10
    Free Member

highlandman, i have emailed back with my mob. Having issues getting to my email as cant get them til im out of work. Cheers

teasel
    Free Member

beer of three

🙂

Excellent typo, sounds like an alcoholic Borg…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Gutted – cove hustler frame cracked after 3 rides post build’ is closed to new replies.