• This topic has 102 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • Guns again – Oscar Pistorius
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

That has a whiff of urban myth about it.

It’s not 1st hand knowledge so you could be right, but it’s from a mate so I believe it to be true. Either way you it’s not the sort of “myth” i’d personally like to field-test.

He had other tales, as you would expect, and not all were bad. The over-riding conclusion I came away with after hearing him speak is that it’s no place for anyone who values their safety or well-being.

Your generalisation about blacks and whites are about as broad and urban myth-like as i’ve seen in a while.

warton
    Free Member

Police spokesman has said the police were surprised about the reporting of it as a mistake, and will request no bail…

very sad, whatever the reason behind it.

IHN

Your generalisation about blacks and whites are about as broad and urban myth-like as i’ve seen in a while.

It was from personal experience, but, yes, it was a very broad generalisation.

To be honest, I went off to lunch and expected this to be closed by the time I got back…

thx1138
    Free Member

Are we allowed to make jokes about the two police women shot by Dale Creegan?

Or is it only South African models that are fair game?

alex222
    Free Member

Having been to SA, and knowing others who live in SA, and others who’ve moved from SA, the country has problems, absolutely, but a lot of the ‘going to hell in a handcart’ stories come from bitter whites who are having a hard time adjusting to the fact that they can no longer boss around the black majority purely because of the colours of their respective skins.

IME, and as a very broad generalisation, the ‘blacks’ were friendly and welcoming, the ‘whites’ were diffident and rude. It’s an odd country, and I’m not sure I liked it

I agree totally with this. Stopped at plenty of red lights and didn’t die, get raped or mugged, neither did my girlfriend. Went to a few places where segregation was still evident and some of the white people were pretty nasty about it.

alex222
    Free Member

Or is it only South African models that are fair game?

For me you can crack on with either. Being that I think it is better to make light of the utterly depressing thing called being a human than be offended by stuff people say.

Rubber_Buccaneer

South African models that are fair game?

Very poor taste hunting joke?

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Creegan had a glass eye so that would be my starting point

patriotpro
    Free Member

To be honest, I went off to lunch and expected this to be closed by the time I got back…

Why?

DezB
    Free Member

Wow, even by STW standards this thread is low funny

patriotpro
    Free Member

I agree totally with this. Stopped at plenty of red lights and didn’t die, get raped or mugged, neither did my girlfriend. Went to a few places where segregation was still evident and some of the white people were pretty nasty about it.

I’m glad for you, really I am. How long were you there for?

wwaswas

How long were there for?

until they went green again?

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

right before its closed

Apparently, police psychologists reckon that Dale Cregan’s biggest problem was a total lack of perspective.

warton
    Free Member

😀

IHN

*stifles giggle*

I’m disgusted

alex222
    Free Member

How long were you there for?

Where? Each individual red light?

[edit] Ben kudos [/edit]

neilchristie
    Free Member

Just a suggestion, and I may be going out on a limb here, but why don’t we all wait for a police investigation/trial first?

alex222
    Free Member

and I may be going out on a limb here

Shocking; very poor taste. I can’t quite believe how low you have sunk

DezB
    Free Member

It gets better! 😀

edlong
    Free Member

How is this thread still going? Are the mods having a union meeting or something?

thx1138
    Free Member

For me you can crack on with either. Being that I think it is better to make light of the utterly depressing thing called being a human than be offended by stuff people say.

But would you make such jokes in front of their families and loved ones? One of the ‘rules’ of this forum is ‘don’t say anything to someone on here you wouldn’t say to their face’. A sentiment I personally believe very strongly in. And one which i think can be applied to ‘humour’. Nothing wrong with a joke, but one that involves someone, that’s not said in front of them, is a bit cowardly really.

You’re perfectly free to chose what you find funny though.

emsz
    Free Member

Apparently, police psychologists reckon that Dale Cregan’s biggest problem was a total lack of perspective.

eh?

IHN

How is this thread still going? Are the mods having a union meeting or something?

They’re probably keeping an eye on it.

Viewing 23 posts - 81 through 103 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘Guns again – Oscar Pistorius’ is closed to new replies.