Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Australia destroys gun debate video lol
  • frankconway

The Australian example has been covered in the big thread on this subject but – where did they find that halfwit US interviewee?

aracer
    Free Member

Indeed – without the extraneous FB stuff:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/mandalay-bay-las-vegas/page/6#post-8754327

The found the halfwit in the NRA, I doubt it was hard to find a halfwit in the NRA.

frankconway

Have you seen the NRA revenue figures?
    How much they spent on supporting Trump’s candidacy?
    Will upload some NRA $ information after I have a little sleep.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Rifle_Association#Finances
    Not seen anything recent but the industry donations tell you enough, it’s doing the same as tabaco did

Interesting stats in here though
    94% Support for background checks
    Ony 6% of people thought it was too hard to buy a gun
    54% Support for stricter laws but a huge difference between Rep/Dem on that one

batfink
    Free Member

From the independent:

He also assured association – which had donated more than $30m to his presidential campaign – that it now has “a true friend and champion in the White House.”

His comments came after he signed a resolution in February blocking an Obama-era rule that would have prevented an estimated 75,000 people with mental disorders from buying guns.

As I said in another thread – I can’t understand how the NRA manages to get away with simultaneously blaming the mentally ill for mass shootings…… and then blocking restrictions on the mentally ill buying guns.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How? It’s selective amnesia, no need for a coherent policy or a consistent message, just use these handy buttons to craft a reply
    (1) Stop them murdering my family
    (2) I’m responsible
    (3) Bad People
    (4) I have no clue what the word ammendment actualy means

nickc

The NRA is tiny in comparison to much of the lobbying industry in the US.But…

It has massive ground support which it can mobilise very effectively, it’s message is very simple and is relentless… NO.

No debate, no wavering, no hedging. Just money for saying no. Easy win every time

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Australia destroys gun debate video lol’ is closed to new replies.