• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jb72.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Gumtreeing
  • Merak

You know how people enjoy a bit of timewastery on the tree of gum, enquire via email or text, ask all the questions then for your address but don’t actually turn up? It’s leaving me feeling a little exposed, you know I have advertised something you’ve expressed an interest in it, and now you have my address.

Can’t help but feel eBay is onto something with the whole contract, distance seller thing.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It can be crap. I’ve sold stuff on GT & also had no response. Don’t think anyone has asked for my address & not responded though. (yet)

Northwind

Gumtree is overrun with timewasting **** unfortunately. I bought some stuff the other night and the poor dude had already been stood up 3 times, despite the sale price being very low. I don’t think he believed I’d turn up either.

Merak

I’m a sceptical swine, but there are far more zoomers on it than genuine folk.

We once sold a double glazed window, which we thought would be no use to anyone to a chap who was building a house on Tiree, which was nice,

jam-bo

Can’t help but feel eBay is onto something with the whole contract, distance seller thing.

eBay own gumtree.

Merak

Yep I know.

scaredypants

“Gumtreeing” – is that the actual stealing or just handling/receiving ?

matt_outandabout

We use it lots. It is better than eBay for selling lots of stuff, and good for local buying.
    People only get my address when they have said ‘right, I’m coming round now’.

Last night’s bargain was three told of carpet underlay for £10, now in my attic waiting on the work we are about to do..

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

I’ve had as many time wasters on Ebay recently as I have Gumtree.

Why would you feel exposed that someone has your address?

jb72
    Free Member

Managed to buy my current bike on Gumtree … because the guy before me didn’t bother to turn up!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Gumtreeing’ is closed to new replies.