Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gumtree selling question…scam or not?
  • monkeyp

I am selling a scooter on Gumtree and have recvieved several emails titled “someone’s made you an offer” the email just states the offer and says to reply if I accept it.

Is this a scam? Never seen it before and can’t work out how they have made an offer from the ad. Like I say, I have recvoeved a few of them all looking the same.

Google doesn’t throw up anything, neither does Gumtree website.

monkeyp

Anyone?

Smudger666

Sold a bit on gumtree – never seen it before.

I suppose cash on collection will be safe enough, unless your scooter is just parked up unsecured on the drivewSy?

skids
    Free Member

don’t worry about it, just sounds like spam

lerk
    Free Member

I had this when selling several cans of luncheon meat…

It was definitely spam.

bigblackshed

I’ve had a couple of emails from a “message centre”. Spam I say.

monkeyp

Well, it appears it wasn’t spam. The Gumtree website allows people to make offers, whereas the Gumtree ap doesn’t as far as I can tell. Lucky I noticed otherwise I’d have missed out on some reasonable offers (and some, frankly rediculous ones)!

mushrooms
    Free Member

I once had spam via gumtree that turned out to be phishing, when I opened the email it took me to a fake gumtree log in page that looked legit but was hosted on a dodgy URL.

cbike
    Free Member

Think it depends on how the ad is setup whether “make an offer” is available. I’m sure Ive seen a button labelled as such.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gumtree selling question…scam or not?’ is closed to new replies.