Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gumtree advice please
  • stennah
    Free Member

Hi I’ve seen a bike on Gumtree seller would accept PayPal and post (I would pay by goods obviously) but it is a very good price ,2012 nukeproof with lyrik forks for £500 – alarm bells or good deal ? Think my heart is ruling my head on this one so advice greatly welcomed
    Cheers
    Mark

martinhutch

Is that really a fabulous price for a five-year-old bike and forks, true condition unknown?

I’d be wanting to see the bike and check it over at the very least because you don’t want the hassle of returning a full bike even if the seller is genuine.

EDIT: OK, was looking at frame-only deal prices from 2012, so it is reasonably cheap, but the advice about viewing it still stands. Could be completely knackered.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

For Gumtree I’d only buy in person, the buyer protection is less than ebay and seems to be a place for nicked stuff to end up.

Though given they were cheap and run out a lot, and some rear ends snapped and it’s 26″ the price could be fair though they weight may not be.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Perhaps see if someone here is local enough to view on your behalf?

BoardinBob

Price isn’t that cheap. I got less for my 2013 mega and lyriks a year and a half ago.

No way I’d buy anything remote from gumtree

stennah
    Free Member

Slimjim78 I like your thinking

chakaping
    Free Member

Have you had a chat with the seller on the phone to sus them out?

What I’ve done in the past is asked if they have a regular LBS and then contacted the shop to see if they’ll vouch for the seller being legit.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have used gumtree a bit, it’s set up to be a local service so use it that way. Always seen goods in person and paid / received cash.

stennah
    Free Member

They have took it to a lbs to get it checked over so that’s an option yes ,thanks for that

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gumtree advice please’ is closed to new replies.