Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gummi Pfledge… Does it make your doors creak?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hiya Chaps,

I got some Gummi Pfledge, as recommended on forums, as I had a slightly creaking rear passenger door seal.

After applying it the seals are incredibly creaky. I washed it off with IPA, and they’re back to not being creaky.

I thought this stuff was supported to be magic on door seals. Anyone else had similar issues?

Cheers

Ricks

somouk
    Free Member

I can’t say I’ve ever noticed it cause issues and i’ve used it on loads of cars over the years. How old and worn are the seals?

tonyg2003

Works fine on my cars – no squeaks

rickon
    Free Member

Damn. Car is only just over 10k and 2 years. It’s a BMW 320, the seals look pretty new, as soon as I put the Gummi Pfledge on you can hear the doors moving over bumps, as the seals move a very tiny amount. It’s rubber on metal that’s moving

rickon
    Free Member

It’s the Sonax Gummi Pfledger stuff I’m using….

burt
    Free Member

Didn’t do anything for me so tried a very thin layer of vasaline. Works a treat. Mine was a BMW too.

sssimon
    Free Member

BMW repair instructions for creaky door seals are to clean and drive, if it’s no better there is a rubber seal care spray, can find out part no for you if you want?

andyg1966

Take the BMW back to the dealer. There is an approved fix which puts black tape in the aperture. You can’t see it with the door closed. Its a warranty job under 2 years.

Mine (14 plate) did the same thing. Now quiet.

rickon
    Free Member

Cheers everyone. I think I’ve found the problem, and the fix.

The teflon tape would have solved the problem too.

I washed the car with a shampoo and wax mix, which got onto the seals. That started the creaking.

Then applying Gummi pfledge on too, without cleaning the wax off, made it worse. I didn’t realise the seals were compromised already, and they’d been cleaned only a couple of weeks before.

So, I IPAed all the seals, many times, then applied Gummi again.

No creaks.

Stupid selection of materials on BMWs.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gummi Pfledge… Does it make your doors creak?’ is closed to new replies.