Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gum shields.
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I’m about to get kicked in the face a lot. So I’ll need a gumshield. As I have a couple of crowns at the front is it best to get a custom made one? If so, any idea of approx cost?

Kuco

Bog standard self mould one if perfectly fine.

ton

George……..one made by your dentist…….or end up looking like me….. 😉

legend
    Free Member

Yeah dentist made ones are best, but self mould ones work pretty well too (just not quite as secure). Haven’t bought one in a long time, but both types were always quite cheap

gordonb
    Free Member

Always went for the self mould ones, the gaps in my teeth seem to change so I have to re-mould it every 6 months or so…..

ski
    Free Member

I use one for playing hockey, as above check out what your dentist offers, they did me a custom moulded one for £50, once you tried a custom one, you will not want to go back to a off the shelf one.

Got a player in our team who is down £7k on dental work, he took his out at half time only to get a stick to the mouth in the second half!

TooTall
    Free Member

Don’t mess about and get a proper custom one that is specific to the sport you are doing (unless you are just getting in to fights outside pubs). Having used shop ones and dentist made ones for rugby I’d never do without a custom one again.

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

I’ve tried lots. From cheapo £5 self mould ones, to a bit more expensive Shock Doctor jobs.
    I got one from my Dentist years back, when I started Muay Thai and have not looked back.
    Incredibly comfortable, which is the big thing. Self mould ones are as uncomfortable as hell, so, naturally, you won’t use them. The one from the Dentist is so comfortable, you’ll forget you are using it.
    I’ve been punched, kicked and kneed in the face wearing mine, and still have all me own teeth!

They aren’t that expensive, so go for it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Upset the missus again?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gum shields.’ is closed to new replies.