Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Gulp;Wife's birthday,any good discounted sites selling Radley?
  • duckman

As above,Mrs D has intimated that she wants one of their bags.I am sure others here have been in this situation,any good on-line shops?

2hottie
    Free Member

Ha, Radley and discount don't really go together. I got the GF one for her birthday from Debenhams. The shop assistant was helpful as she held all the bags and explained the intended usage, (don't get this wrong) an the GF loved it. I **** hoped so as it set me back £140

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    allthegear
    Free Member

I got 10% off one in Debenhams the other week but that's about as far as they go. It's going to cost you but it will be worth it.

miketually
    Free Member
    momo

I bought some stuff for Mrs Momo last year from the Radley website, just don't tell the mrs that they had a sale on at the time (earnt me plenty of brownie points that one)

Bunnyhop

Blimey – that seems a lot for a handbag.
    My friend ( another STWer) and I have recently started a handbag business up, made professionally ourselves. However ours are all individual and cost a fraction of a Radley.

rowley
    Free Member

http://www.fioredirect.co.uk/shop/brands/radley.aspx

these people were cheapest when i bought one for mrs rowley

csb

How much!!

The gf has a bit of a obsession with these (if they're the ones with the dangling dogs on)(not to be confused with dogs danglies) but never said they cost that much.

I'll be having words.

carbon337
    Free Member

We have a boundry mills discount store in Newcastle that sell them quite a bit cheaper – about 1/3rd off.

Drac

John Lewis sometimes have them reduced got yet another one for the Mrs last year with 50% off. She was that pleased she nearly smiled, well almost nearly.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Where do you live? Bicester outlet village has quite big Radley handbag shop. other thing is have a look on ebay as there are a lot of shops on ebay that sell Radley bags. Do you know specifically WHICH bag she wants?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Missus was insistant she wanted a specific colour/style handbag for christmas, got her best friend to lend me a hand choosing one,

Has she even used it yet?

Did she winge when I spent that much on bike parts then spent hours fiddling in the garrage with them (i.e. using them)?

Apparently she doesnt see the point in bikes 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Thisisnotaspoon, I'm presuming you then said you didn't see the point in a handbag! They just collect lots of silly shi**e and I like handbags, however if I had to choose it would be bike bits EVERY time! although I do still want a Mulberry handbag too, doesn't every girl?

FoxyChick
    Free Member

I loathe and detest Radley handbags!!!
    Who wants a bag with a bloody stupid dog hanging off it? Oh, your wife does… 😯
    They are to the the handbag world what UGGs are to footwear…common as muck!! 8)
    However…they are often reduced in privately owned bag shops as well as places like Debenhams.
    If they sell it in Debs… says it all!! 😉

Yes, I'm a frightful handbag snob…if you want class and style get her a bag from The Bridge or Fossil!!!

Only joking…there a few of their bags which are half decent if you remove the dog! 8)
    Oh, and I'm with Munque-chick…I would love a Mulberry just because…

qwerty
    Free Member

why not treat her to a new bag and belt….

….the hoover should work a treat then!!!!!!!!!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Anglea I'm also with you on the Radley bag thing! They are a bit chavvy (personal opinion). I still keep thinking about treating myself to a Mulberry bag … just because like everything it's once in a life time and will last for life. …. mmmmm Angela shall we splash out!!?

Oh and I've never heard of Bridge handbags .. may have to check it out.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Munque-chick…The Bridge are timeless, handmade, Italian classics…I love them. Not everyone's taste, but understated class.
    Check out the Fossil website…

If I ever get a Mulberry it will have to be handbag perfection! 8)

duckman

Bunnyhop could you please email me on rsdonald50@hotmail.com,I think I would rather put the money in the pocket of somebody from stw…And spend the rest on other pressies.She likes 50's kind of stuff,so the fossil didn't really float her boat Ladies,but thanks for the advice.

stylish
    Free Member

If you have one nearby, Tk Maxx usually have them heavily discounted, if not its Debenhams, My dear wife collects the them, i think as revenge for me collecting bike stuff……

MrOvershoot

Bought one for the wife a few years back <gulp>

It was her 40th though & it cost less than the weekend away she had as well 😯

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Duckman,

If you can get yourself to McArthur Glen in Livingston then there's a Radley Outlet there. Previous seasons and some seconds with substantial discounts.
    IMO They are well made with good quality materials. As always with these types of things, if it's relatively expensive and becomes popular then it's easy for some to label it 'Chavvy'
    My wife likes handbags, she has some 'reasonable' priced bags and others that could have bought a decent bike!! But she likes the Radley ones most of all (must be 20+ of them in her handbag cupboard!) Some of the limited edition bags she has seem to be fetching more money than the RRP she paid some time ago.

Cheers

Paul

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

I just asked her what site she bought stuff from and it looks like times are hard in the handbag sector.
    http://www.hudsonsleathershop.co.uk/
    I got her Radley luggage set and workbag from there a couple of birthdays ago and they were very well priced…too well priced apparently!
    Founded 1801! Shame I s'pose.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Theres a radley outlet at Cheshire Oaks…

surlyrider
    Free Member

How about a nice D4W Specialized Fsr Stumpy instead?

🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

My wife has got about 10 of them Radley bags to sell along with a fair few other designer bags.

tommytowtruck

If you're not dead set on Radley and are near manchester there are a few places in here that sell really nice handmade bags which are reasonably priced

http://www.craftanddesign.com/
    http://www.craftanddesign.com/studios/fransalvini

I treated my wife to a Mulberry bag for her 30th last year which earned me mega brownie points. Its nice but I can't help thinking how much bike you could get instead!

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Steve_b77,

Unsurprisingly, my wife has shown interest in the handbag sales you've spoken of 🙄
    Mail in profile. Does your wife know she has them to sell though? 😆

Cheers

Paul.

mudpup
    Free Member

Apparently this Bag is the latest thing for the fashionable young lady

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Tommy I toyed with 30th b'day pressie! Mmm mulberry handbag …. nope I got a lush sexy Cube SL WLS hardtail and it's super! so guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for the handbag.

domino

Not a fan of Radley here either, I share Angelas opinons of those (though not of Ugg boots 😉 ) Mulberry bags are lovely – I see them as a timeless investment bag, not one that will go out of fashion by next year. Managed to get 50% off one in the summer sale – still cost the same as a bike frame though 😉

If you have a Boundary Mill type place near you, they have Radley bags at discount prices.

tommytowtruck

There's always your 31st M-c!

mafiafish
    Free Member

Buy her a bag of 'wake-the-****-up and stop wanting some sewn together cow with a badge on it that cost £10 to make'

ourmaninthenorth

Radley are somewhat at the lower end of the luxury market in the attractiveness stakes. Mainly becasue they're a bit, er, Cheryl Cole.

Bridge stuff is v nice (Mrs North's daily bag is a Bridge), but has a unique – not very *designer* – style. Quality is super.

Coach make nice stuff, esp since the revival.

Mulberry v nice, though a bit obv in the aspiration stakes. Good quality, though.

LV can be nice, but avoid the godawful LV logo'd stuff. Naff as.

Some of the Smythson bags are nice enough – though you may object to lining the pockets of Sam Cam. I like Smythson stationery, though, and more so it's now made it to the North.

Frankly, though, I don't know an awful lot about ladies bags. For men's bags, there is really only one place.

mafiafish
    Free Member

A bag is there to hold things, whilst I can appreciate that a pretty leather bag is better than a morrisons bag surely there's a point to shich you're paying an inordinate amount of money for no extra utility or aesthetic other than a badge or logo? I can kind of see why people would pay extra for a bespoke suit as their main purpose is to flatter someone and look good/ boost confidence in apearance but considering even a full bespoke suit from someone like h.hunstman, taking weeks of alterations and true crafmanship would rarely exceed £2k (although of course a Chinese tailor could do a 99% as good job for a 10th of the price) these bags do seem a vulgar expression of wealth or at least an incomprehensible propensity to waste money.

duckman

Mafiafish,fair point,now do you NEED that king hub? because a Deore one will work just as well!Kind of the same I suppose Ladies,my wife is a country girl,Radley is weekend posh.She has had a Mulberry bag for years that was the baby/small child support unit because it was the right size!

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

The retail outlets are the place to get cheaper bags. Still not what i would call cheap though.
    The missus has four. It makes her happy

cynic-al
    Free Member

GF got an "as new" Mulberry sh on fleabay for about 1/3 RRP.

A bag is there to hold things, whilst I can appreciate that a pretty leather bag is better than a morrisons bag surely there's a point to shich you're paying an inordinate amount of money for no extra utility or aesthetic other than a badge or logo?

like xtr vs lx?

woffle
    Free Member

according to my wife Orla Kiely or Mulberry are the bags she lusts after.

EDIT: and be VERY careful buying on fleabay. There are soooooo many fakes it's unreal – unless you're buying used with a receipt from the original buyer / from a very trusted seller with good feedback chances are it's hooky. Especially if it's heavily discounted. For example I can buy pretty much identical versions of the infamous Birkin bag, tagged etc for about a tenth of the retail price. Unless you know what you're looking for you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference…

duckman

Jings! All the chat about mulberry made me google them,ouch!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Gulp;Wife's birthday,any good discounted sites selling Radley?’ is closed to new replies.