Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Guitartrackworld!!
  • mactheknife

Until about a week ago I had basically given up on playing the guitar. Some chords were a constant struggle. A few other things were not working for me but I always had it in my head that a bad workman blamed his tools. Anyway for a surprise birthday present my dad bought me a Taylor Big Baby. It has completely reignited my love of playing. The struggles I had with my old guitar seem a thing of the past. The Taylor just seems so effortless and sound amazing. For the first time in a long time I’m excited to pick it up and play.

Just wanted to share the love!!

simondbarnes

Ace. I can play the chords, I just don’t have the talent to string them together into something that sounds good 🙁

bikebouy
    Free Member

Likes 😀

giantalkali
    Free Member

Nice one, keep at it dude

metalheart
    Free Member

I bought an (expensive) vintage hot rod 52 tele knocking on 10 years ago and never really got on with it.

However I persevered and start of the year I got the lend of a ’72 Vibro Champ amp. Oh man, the tele sounds amazing through it.

Couldn’t find one of my own so ponied up for a new (’68) Custom Princeton Reverb. Wow, it sounds fabulous.

If only I had the talent. I’m a ‘play for my own enjoyment ‘ kind of guy… 😳

mattyfez

It’s all about how the guitar is set up, taylors are known for having a nice low action which makes them easy to play, relatively speaking. They are also nice sounding guitars to boot.

Enjoy!

Like bikes it can sometimes take a few attempts to find something you feel comfortable with. Glad that you’ve got there with the Taylor, playing guitar to my son is one of my great pleasures!

mactheknife

yep, it took 3 cheap guitars to realise that maybe i should have actually spent a bit more time and maybe money getting what suited me.

Life is grand, except for all those within earshot 😆

leffeboy

As above. If you want your kids to love guitar then you need to get them something semi decent to begin with rather than something cheap to ‘see if they like it’. A nice guitar is a fantastic thing and it’s just like bikes – you don’t need to be good on it to enjoy it

…thankfully

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Guitartrackworld!!’ is closed to new replies.