Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Guitars: Epi Les Paul Studio
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I fancy getting one. Anyone with any experiences/suggestions?

wordnumb
    Free Member

Epiphones can differ wildly in quality. Don’t buy blind, make sure you play it first – and by play I mean check the entire neck for dead spots / dodgy frets. A good epi is a nice guitar, a bad one will never play quite right.

mikey74
    Free Member

Odd, one of the main things that has come out of my research is how consistent the Epi’s are, even moreso than Gibsons. Thanks for the heads-up though.

_tom_
    Free Member

You definitely need to play one first I think. I’ve played some shit Epiphones but there are some great ones as well. Mine sounds and plays as good as any Gibson I’ve tried, I actually prefer the slightly thinner neck if anything. It’s still my no1 guitar over the MIJ Les Paul and MIA Gibson SG!

MartynS

I’ve got an Epi LP standard. Its ace.
    Out of interest why the studio and not the standard?

mikey74
    Free Member

Well the first guitar I ever had was a Les Paul copy, so I know I am comfortable with the shape. Nowhere around here sells them so playing one may be difficult.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Well ok, playing it first rather than settling on a guitar due to manufacturer is simply true of any guitar. I’ve seen some epi clangers, I have an epi acoustic that is probably the first thing I’d save in a fire.

edlong
    Free Member

Had my Epi LP for fifteen years now and wouldn’t change it. Looked at a few before I bought mine, glad I didn’t buy blind.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Guitars: Epi Les Paul Studio’ is closed to new replies.